Chapter 7 - Mother

"Hahn," Katara said, through gritted teeth, while crossing her arms over her chest

"Hahn," Katara said, through gritted teeth, while crossing her arms over her chest. "Still after princesses, I see."

I could tell by the look on Katara's face, she wasn't going to leave him alone. Just because Sokka was an idiot brother, doesn't mean she didn't look out for him. Even after the traumatic moment at the Northern Water Tribe, Sokka had gotten a new girlfriend even if he wasn't completely over Yue. And whoever messed with Katara's family, they get a piece of her mind. 

"Umm... we should be leaving," I mumbled, wrapping my arm around Katara's waist and walking her to the carriage. 

"What was that?" Katara looked at me with her cerulean eyes. Most of the time I found them mesmerizing and hypnotizing. But now, I found them intimidating, like the time she saw the man who killed her mother. I wasn't there, but whenever she thought about her mother, anger replaced the ever-growing sadness. 

"I was trying to stop you from doing something you'll regret," I told her softly. I tried to keep my voice as gentle as possible. 

She opened her mouth to say something, but nothing came out. Katara was trying to search for a meaningful retort, but deep inside, she knew I was right. After a few moments of battling with herself, she scooted closer to me and fixed herself in the crook of my arm. Her warmth radiated from her and I could tell by the sad look on her face, she remembered her mother. After Katara lost her mother, she was overprotective of all her loved ones, especially Sokka. 

The time in the carriage silently passed by. It was a comfortable silence, the time where we were left alone with our thoughts, swimming through memories. 

After a few minutes, the carriage jolted to a stop and the door swung open gracefully. Outside the carriage, I saw tall buildings and numerous other carriages. In the middle of the newfound city, there was a large fountain with a beautiful young woman. 

When I turned around, I saw Katara tearing up and I quickly brought her into a hug. 

"Is that your mother?" I asked, curious. I received a swift nod from Katara as I ran my hands through her chocolate brown hair. After a few seconds, we started receiving looks from other Southerners and with my free hand, I popped open my glider and started to fly over to the enormous palace-like house of Katara's family. 

I know this is short, but the action is coming in the next chapter. This is just some Kataang fluff 💖