Chapter 3 - Jasmine Dragon

Everyone jumped on top of Appa and took off for Ba Sing Se

Everyone jumped on top of Appa and took off for Ba Sing Se. It was a peaceful ride most of the way there. Aang was in the front, holding Appa's reins as he steered clear of the birds, gaping at their beauty. We were flying late into the night, occasionally stopping for some treats. 

I don't know if this is true, but I think he was looking at me as I slept. When I woke up, I saw him run back to the reins. 

"Hey, Aang." I said sleepily, "Did you get any sleep last night?"

"No, actually... since no one is awake, I wanted to tell you that I -" Aang got cut off by Sokka and Suki.

"Sokka, get off me. Can you care about anything other than sleep?" Suki hollered.

"No..."Sokka mumbled, his mouth hanging  

"I guess we're not alone anymore," I shrugged. "You can tell me when we get to Ba Sing Se."

Suddenly, we dove down as the city came into view. The 3 rings of we separated be thick earthen walls. Aang steered the bison into the small farm outside the city.

We walked into the city and walked into the Jasmine Dragon and we all freshened up. I went in and changed my clothes into a beautiful kimono. 

Iroh was playing a tsungi horn while Zuko was passing around Jasmine tea

Iroh was playing a tsungi horn while Zuko was passing around Jasmine tea. Toph, being Toph as always, was lazily sitting on the table. Sokka, on the other hand, was making a picture. A picture of everyone, Team Avatar.  Suki and Mai were playing a game of Pai Sho while I was hovering above.  

"Zuko! Stop moving! I'm trying to capture... the moment." Sokka said, annoyed. "I wanted to make a painting so we would remeber the good times together." I walked over to the table Sokka was sitting on as we were smacking his paintbrush on the paper. 

"That's very thoughtful of you Sokka -" I paused, "WAIT!"

I bent down, squinting my eyes at Sokka's painting, and said:

"Why did you give me Momo's ears?"

"Those are your hair loopies," Sokka grinned proudly. I deadpanned at him and rolled my eyes playfully, giving him a light shove. 

"At least you don't look like a porcupine," Zuko complained gruffly as he walked over, "My hair is NOT that spikey."

"I look like a man!"

"And why did you paint me firebending?"

"I thought it looked more exciting that way," Sokka shrugged. Mom jumped onto the table and let out a quick chipper, "Oh, you think you could do a better job, Momo?"

From the corner of my eye, I saw Aang smile as he stood up and walked out to watch the sunset. I sighed and walked out as well, being soft tapping footsteps. He slowly turned around as I walked to his side. We came closer...

Look out for Chapter 4 tomorrow. Please comment and tell me how you feel about the story. 

Lightning out ⚡