Chapter 10 - Fears Coming True

Sleeping was something I don't look forward to

Sleeping was something I don't look forward to. It makes me put my guard down, and be vulnerable to the things around me, the people around me. And then I knew, I heard a sound. 

Something clicked and my senses turned on; my heart pounding, my mind wide awake, water levitating in front of me, ready for action as I started to hear the sounds of men, some trying to scream, others snickering. The window near my bed swung open as a man, not much older than thirty, jumped in. 

As I turned around, someone grabbed me from behind and forced me towards the wall next to the bookcase. The water that was previously dangling in the air, fell to the ground with a crash. Pain snaked across my upper arm and shoulder. My body was screaming out in agony as I tried to twist away, but all that happened was more pain. A chestnut-haired man with a huge grin on his face forced me to sit with my back against the wall. His hands moved fast around my body, and everything went dark.

My head started to throb, and I slowly walked back into reality. 

Where am I? I asked myself, looking around at the damp and stinky room. The only source of light was a small, low-hanging light-blub, that flickered in and out. 

"I see you are awake," a cold voice rang through the room. I looked around, trying to find the source. "I told the Avatar things would go south if he didn't cooperate. And see, they did."

I scrunched my eyebrows at him, wherever he was. I was disgusted. What things people could do for power. 

"What do you want?" I asked, my voice echoing back to me. My eyes started adjusting to the dark, and I looked around to find out where the man was standing.

"Zhao?"

What is going to happen now? *gasp*