Chapter 9 - Wanted

"What do they want?" I asked calmly

"What do they want?" I asked calmly. Inside, I was exploding with anger and rage and... worry. All the world's villains were after my boyfriend. I had practice with keeping my emotions inside and I can't exactly say I had a normal childhood. 

"You," I opened my mouth to say something, but nothing came out. I stared at Aang in disbelief. A sudden chill swept through me as if a cold wind cut through. Aang's words rang through my ears and made me feel dizzy. My eyes started to water and I quickly brushed off the tears, only to be greeted by more, and I was crying like a dam burst.

"Hey, it's okay!" Aang tried to comfort me, a nervous smile taking over his face, "It's probably a gang of petty thieves, they can't do anything."

I could tell he was trying to help me, but I couldn't help it. Before I met Aang, I had no reason to live through this war. And then I had hope, after a long time, I finally had hope. I didn't want to let it go, not so easy. 

"Yeah, you're probably right," I said, putting on a weak smile, not completely believing my own words. 

"Come on," Aang nudged me playfully with a smile plastered to his face, "Let's go take a ride on Appa." 

I love Aang this way, with his goofy smile and cheery attitude. He always knows how to make me feel better if it's a ride on Appa or a trip to the Jasmine Dragon, he knows me better than anyone. 

"Actually, I'll call it a night," I smiled at him, trying to cover my emotions with a blanket of sorrow and worry. I started walking towards the door when Aang started to follow behind. 

"May I?" He pointed at the door and quickly made it swing open with a flick of his wrist. "Lady Katara."

I laughed at his little joke and he wrapped his hand around my shoulder. We both walked to our room, which, I hate to admit, we got lost... a lot. 

After finding the room...

By the time we finished strolling the palace-like building, it was dark. 

I quickly went into the bathroom and changed into a short-sleeved blue top, with comfortable cotton pants. When I was done, I tiptoed into the room, trying to be as silent as possible. My only light came from a slit between the sagging curtains at the window, the feeble brightness was barely enough for me to make out anything. I could feel something or someone creeping behind me. 

"Hey!" A sweet voice rang through my ears, sending chills at the closeness. 

"Ahh!" I raised my hands, extracting water from the air, getting ready to attack. The oil lamps around quickly flickered on and I saw Aang's confused face, staring at me. Before he could see me blush, I plopped myself on the bed. 

When my eyes adjusted to abrupt light, I saw the room for the first time with clear sight. The bed, nightstand, dresser all neatly placed in a corner, waiting to be used. The desk and chair seemed antique, with freshly furnished wood, smelling like honey. 

As I sit bundled up in warm, brown, comfy pajamas and a big, white blanket, 

On the wall at the end of the bed, there is a bookcase built into the creamy, dreamy, white walls. On the bookcase, I have an array of different things. 

Looking to my left the wall is mainly covered by a large, grand, floor-length mirror. Above the mirror is a picture of the new Southern Water Tribe buildings and landscapes. Beside that is the black and white clock. I hear it tick, tick, tick, tick. Below the clock is a wooden decoration. It has three colored Chinese symbols on it. Faith comes first in a rustic, gold. Next is love with warm, rosy pink, and last is family in a rich, royal blue. 

Behind me is the third wall. It's the wall with the important things, by the door, and my bed. I have a side table and I remember the uneven brush strokes to the memory of me and my mother, we painted it a lilac, and crisp white. It reminds me of how the flowers look right when the snow starts to melt at the beginning of spring. On top of my side table, there have a sleek, silver, and clear lamp with a deep, black, round lampshade. Next to my side table in my luxurious, comforting, plushy bed! The blanket has lots of different shades of blue stripes on it. At the end of my bed is a tropical, teal green colored, bunny soft throw blanket. Behind my head are three of the most squishy, soft pillows I could ask for.  There are two navy ones and one creamy, vanilla white. 

Every part of the South, even this, it makes me, me. My imagination, sanity, love, hope, and personality are contained here. The South, no matter how different people make it, the igloos they tear down, it's still my home

"Come on, let's sleep," Aang silently walked over, the light illuminated the various bruises he still had from fighting Ozai. 

I know this is going pretty slow, but I PROMISE, the next one is COMPLETE ACTION! Prepare yourselves!

Please give me feedback, comment, and vote!!! It would be awesome 😊