Chapter 4 - The Kiss

(Last Episode + 'The Promise')

I inched closer and I could smell a faint mint from Aang's clothes. I saw a light pink blush dancing on his cheek. I could feel my own face flare with shyness. 

The kiss seemed to last forever. We were in each other's arms, with the world left far behind. Aang and I were the happiest they had been in a long time. For Aang, it started as a crush, and then grew into passionate love. 

Aang and I both figured out what they meant to each other. Until... 

"Hey guys - AHHH" 

Or we were about to, anyway, before my stupid brother interrupted. 

"Nothing! We're not doing anything out here!" I said as he jumped, his face flushed. 

"Haven't you heard of KNOCKING, Sokka?!!" 

"First of all, you're supposed to knock before you go INSIDE, not before you go OUTSIDE." Sokka said, in a lecturing tone. "And second, as my sister, you really shouldn't be kissing anyone in front of me! It is your sisterly duty to avoid giving me the OOGIES!" 

"'Oogies'?! Aargh! You are SO immature sometimes!!! What about you and Suki?!" I yelled, my face turning red as a tomato from anger. 

Sokka and I started throwing insults at each other. I couldn't make out a word Sokka was saying, well, yelling. 

"Uh, Sokka? SOKKA?!" Aang was calling out, trying to grab his attention. 

"Time out." Sokka said, making a 'T' with his hands and shoving it into my face, "Yeah, Aang?"

"What'd you come out to tell us?" 

"Oh, right!" My brother exclaimed, "We're about to head out."

"But the Earth King's celebration doesn't start for a couple more hours," Aang said curiously. 

"I know! We wanted to take Appa out for a ride first."

"Yeah, you head out... we're coming." I waited for Sokka to head inside and brought Aang closer again.

Edit: I am going to continue this story. Expect updates to start up next week or so.