Nothing changes that

I'm back, back, back again!

Okay, so, 2021 has been insane. The Panorama didn't need a season two but here we are. I hope everyone is doing well, is staying healthy and safe. Get your vaccines when you can and keep looking to the future, we're getting to the end and there's better times coming. 

Thank you all for the recent love this has been getting. I hope you like this update. I am hoping to have this finished in the next few parts.

Love, 

Lillie

~~~~

Elizabeth's POV

Joe hadn't visited me since he told me he was leaving. Magnus had come every day, insisting that I spend more time out of bed. He would take my hand and walk me round the clearing a few times while trying to drag me out of my dark mood. He would try to joke with me, but I barely managed to even smile at them. I found myself uncomfortable and lost within myself. I didn't know how I was supposed to act or how I was supposed to process the feeling like I part of me had died. I didn't even understand why I was feel that way. I had spent many nights curled up in the dark sobbing, not knowing how to stop or what the feeling festering inside me was. No-one else had visited me yet. Just Magnus. He was patient with me, he answered my questions when he could, stroked my hair as I cried and help me vocalise the way I was feeling. 

"A few more days and we'll have you set up in the institute like you never left." He declared brightly as he helped me ease back on to the bed. "You'll be a good way back to full health by the end of this month." I nodded. "You have healed surprisingly quick. It's rather amazing," 

"Have you spoken to him?" I asked suddenly. 

"I have. He won't budge." He shrugged. "I'm sorry button but he is dead set on returning to Edinburgh."

"Oh,"

"It's not the end of the world. Edinburgh's only a portal away." Magnus patted my shoulder in an attempt to comfort me. "These things happen in life. When you have lived as long as I have you realise that most relationships end this way. People have a need to explore and Joe is young, I am sure that in due time he will return to you."

"When he deems me to be the person he wants me to be," I muttered bitterly. Magnus frowned and shook his head.

"Jace wishes to visit you before you return to the institute," He said changing the subject, "Is that alright with you?" I shrugged. "I will tell him that you enthusiastically said yes." I flopped down on my bed, "I know you probably feel very lost right now but you will get better, you'll make new memories and you'll survive. You always have and you always will. You are a fighter." 

"Is there anything you can do to help me get my memories back?" I asked as I studied the canopy above me. "You know, magically?" 

"There are some things that we could try but they aren't without significant risk. Elizabeth, you mind is protecting you from those memories for a reason, what you went through was extremely traumatic. You could go into shock if they returned all at once and there is the risk that memory manipulation is delicate work, a shaky hand is all it takes for those memories to be gone forever." 

I nodded, "You can do it?" 

He shook his head unimpressed, "Reckless as always, of course that is the part of your personality that shows first," He sighed, "Yes, I can do it. I haven't done it in a very long time but I know how but, it's better to wait for them to return. You will remember in time. Your body needs time, you need time to recover and heal. Your body is doing it's job and protecting you."