Not a morning person

Elizabeth's POV

A constant pounding brought me out of my sleep and I instantly became annoyed. I hated being woken up. I groaned and turned over pulling the pillow over my bed trying to ignore the constant knocking.

"Go away!" I screamed. Nothing, the sounded didn't even stop for a second.

After a few minutes I kicked the covers off and stormed over to the door. Whoever had decided to wake me up was a dead man. I wasn't kidding, waking me was a mistake only people with a death wish made. I wrenched the door open glaring at the idiot who had interrupted my sleep. 

--------

Joe's POV

I knocked on the door knowing that I'd woken her. I heard her groan from inside the room and I grinned, pleased at her annoyance. That's what she got for running away in the middle of the night. I kept knocking until she threw open the door.

"It. Is. Five. In. The. Morning. Go Away!" She hissed glaring and looking like she wanted to kill me.

"No can do sweetheart. It's time to train!" I said happily smiling sweetly.

"Later. We can train later," She started to shut the door in my face but I stuck my foot in it's way. "Go away please Joseph!" Ooh full name I was in trouble. She glared again when I stayed at the door then walked back to the bed and climbed back in throwing the duvet over her head. 

"Nope. Can't do that. This is for running away twice in the same night." I pulled the duvet off her and threw her over my shoulder before carrying her into the en-suite bathroom and dumping her in the shower. 

"Joe. No. I swear on the Angel if you turn that shower on you won't live to see another day." She threaten me but I just smiled dangerously and turned the shower to cold before running away. 

"I'll expect you in the training room in fifteen." I shouted over the sound of the shower and her angry cursing that was enough to make even a prince of Hell blush.

-------

Elizabeth's POV

I was so going to murder him. This was his last day on earth! Not only had he woken me up unnecessarily early but he'd thrown me into an icy cold shower. I was furious! I turned the shower up to skin peeling hot just as I liked it.

A few minutes later I pulled on my training shorts, a tank top and sneakers. I left my hair down to dry. Yanking open my bag, I found my favourite sword and set of daggers. They were both presents from Joe, the sword, custom made for my height and grip size for my thirteenth and the daggers a pair he found on our rather memorable mission to Vienna gifted this year. I was quite happy to use his gifts to kick his butt this morning. 

------

Joe's POV

She arrived ten minutes late wearing tiny shorts and a loose tank top which showed off the permanent runes circling her arms and shoulders and the tiny white scars of old runes. 

"You're late." I pulled my own sword out when I saw the one in her hand. 

"That's what happens if you wake me up." She got into stance ready to fight. 

"Ready?"

"Always and I warn you, I'm feeling a little murderous Joseph." She lunged towards me and I dogged.

"That's twice you've called me Joseph you must me mad." Our swords clanged as they hit off each other.

"Oh I'm furious." She said coldly hitting the blade out of my hand. "You really have some balls, waking me up barely after sunrise and then asking me to train with you."

"Nice move." I praised as I swiped her legs out from under her knocking her to the floor. I followed her pinning her to the ground. "Although I'd focus more on what's happening here than your hatred for me."

"Oh I think I can do both." She forced her hips into mine momentarily distracting me, she rolled taking me with her. She straddled my hips and brought the sword to my throat. "Tap out?" She asked sweetly. 

"Never." I grabbed her arm, rolled twisting her arm back. I pulled the sword out of her grip and threw it out of reach. 

"That's what I was waiting for." She twisted, she was free and back on her feet. She retrieved both of our swords. We continued with the swords until eventually we ended up on the floor again, rolling and putting each other in painful, unnatural positions until finally she had me on my stomach, my arm twisted behind me almost dislocating my shoulder I tapped out. She immediately jumped up and did a little victory dance. 

"That has just made my day. That was almost worth being woken up for." She grinned like a maniac. I dragged myself off the ground.

"Good job love." I rolled my shoulders back. She tilted her head to the side concerned. "I'm fine."

"Good because we need you for a mission." Alec stood at the doorway. 

"What?" Liza asked and I remembered that I hadn't told her about the outcome of the discussion last night.

"The Clave will allow you to stay if you wish and if you can prove you can be useful." Alec said seriously.

"Stay please, Joe. " She begged practically jumping up and down. As if I could even say no to her. Ever.

"I'll stay" I sighed and she hugged me enthusiastically.

"You won't regret this. I promise." She swore to Alec.

"You better not, this is seriously your last chance at staying together. You mess this up and it's not just your asses on the line." He said sternly. "As I said, there's a mission we need help with, change and meet us in the library at seven for a briefing."  Elizabeth grinned clearly happy for the first time that morning before waving goodbye to me and running off to get ready. I shook my head as she left. She seemed at home already. Maybe this was where she was supposed to be after all. Maybe she had finally found a place to call home.