Horrific Nightmares

Joe's POV
Once I was sure that Elizabeth was still asleep, I slipped into her bathroom to change and shower. Clad in a pair of pyjamas bottoms I returned to the bed, Liza had curled herself into a ball like a small child. She had this horrific look of pain over her face. I shook her awake quickly, she grumbled and turned over into my side.
"Before you go back to sleep, tell me what your middle name is?" I whispered to her.
"Seraphina you idiot now let me sleep." She grumbled.
"Good." I wrapped an arm around her. She promptly fell back asleep. I picked up my book and continued reading. Jace knocked on the door.
"Is she sleeping?" He asked leaning on the door frame.
"Yeah, Magnus told me to stay with her." I nodded.
"She doing alright?" He pushed off the door frame and came over to the bed.
"I don't know. I wish she'd talk to me. Fine she told us what happened but what about how she feels about it?" I threw my book down. "I wish I could get into her head some times."
"I know what you mean." He sat down next to her. "She looks so relaxed."
"She always does look peaceful in her sleep." I smiled.
"Make a habit of staring at my sister in her sleep do you?" He raised an eyebrow.
"No. No. It's not like that." I said defensively.
"I know that, I was teasing." He laughed. "Well I should go, if you need to switch at any point you know where to find me."
"Yeah." I nodded.
"Sweet dreams Liz." He leant down and kissed her head. "Oh and Joe, I saw her leaving your room this morning. Be careful. I don't want to be an Uncle any time soon." He said smiling ruefully.
-----------
"You disappointed me Elizabeth. I am not best pleased."
"No. No not again." She sunk to the floor head in her hands and started sobbing.
"You disobeyed me. I can't have that." He shook his head as he watched his daughter weep on the ground like the weak little girl she had become. "You understand that I have to punish you."
"No Daddy please don't. I just wanted this to stop." She begged him pathetically.
"You wanted to stop this. You wanted to stop seeing me. Your Father!" He roared at his pitiful excuse for a child. "My my the Clave has made you soft. You were strong when I left you. I made you strong and this is how you repay me!"
"No please. I didn't mean to disobey you. I just can't let this happen again. It makes me a liability. I can't become a liability."
"You always will be a liability because you let yourself love and be loved. It has made you weak." He spat. "That boy. He has become your weakness! You are a disgrace!"
She stood up in a fit of anger. "No. He is not my weakness! He has made me so much stronger! This is a weakness. You are making me weak!"
"What is this?! Talking back to your own Father! There was a time that you feared even breathing the wrong way around me and now you dare to give me cheek. What has happened to you?" He asked stroking her cheek with the back of his hand.
"I watched my father be murdered in front of me! I was ripped away from my brother and placed at the mercy of total strangers! That's what happened to me! So forgive me if I have a problem with being told what to do now!" He was disgusted by this thing that had the face of his once so perfect daughter and slapped it.
"You are disgusting. I did not raise you like this!"
"No you raised me to be scared of my own shadow!" She spat back. "I am stronger now than I ever was before. All because of that boy!"
"Shall I show you what happens when you love someone?" He asked wiping the tears from her face.
Suddenly she stood facing Joe, who's eyes were filled with pain. She looked down and saw the dagger protruding from his stomach.
"No Joe!" She screamed running over to him.
------
Joe's POV
Someone was screaming. I sat up. Elizabeth was screaming beside me, tears streaming down her face.
"Joe!" She screamed.
"Elizabeth I am right here!" I pulled her into my arms. "Shush. Shush. It's okay." I smoothed down her hair and tried to wake her.
"No. Joe! Don't be die!" She was begging me in whatever hellish nightmare she was in.
"Elizabeth wake up! It's just a dream!" I shook her but nothing was helping to rouse her.
--------
She had watched both Jace and Joe die in some of the most horrific and painful manners imaginable but now she sat slumped feeling numb as she watched Joe die of an excruciating poison. He was screaming and writhing in pain and there was nothing she could do.
"Have you seen enough yet my girl?" He asked making the image disappear. "Do you understand why love makes you weak yet?" She nodded her head. "Now I must make you understand why it will destroy you." She was plunged into darkness before all she felt was pain.
---------
Joe's POV
She had stopped screaming at me not to die but now she was screaming in pain clutching her side as blood started to seep through her shirt.
"Jace?!" I screamed as I pressed my hand over the site of the blood. "Jace!"
---------
She stared down at the knife in her stomach. Her eyes widened as they fixed on the grey pair that pushed the knife further in her.
"I'm sorry love but this is what has to happen. You are a monster." He drove the knife in to it's hilt and she doubled over in pain. The vision dissolved and Jace stood in front of her laughing as she lay on the ground writhing from the pain of demon poison.
"You deserve this. You are a monster. A disgrace to shadowhunter blood. You deserve to die."
------------
Joe's POV
The blood still hadn't stopped and now she was convulsing. Jace ran through into the room just as she arched off the bed again.
"What the Hell is going on?" He asked as she started screaming again.
"I don't know. I can't wake her. One minute she was fine the next she was screaming at me not to die and then she started bleeding." I was trying to hold her down as I explained to him what happened. "I can't get her to wake up or the blood to stop!" I was panicking. She was losing far too much blood.
"I'm going to call Magnus." He ran back out the room.
-----
Jace's POV
"Magnus you need to get over here. It's Elizabeth! She's bleeding and convusling. We can't wake her." I screamed down the phone.
"I'll be there in a few seconds." He hung up. I rushed back to her room. Joe was crying over my sister telling her, shouting at her to wake up. She stopped convulsing and started coughing, water coming out of her mouth as she did. She was drowning.
-----------
Joe's POV
Magnus appeared in the room and grew pale.
"Magnus can you help her?" I asked sobbing.
"There's dark magic at work here." He said gravelly. "I can help with injuries but I can't break her out of this spell."
"What do you mean?" I shouted at him as she started screaming again.
"I can't break the spell, it's bound by blood. Whoever is doing this has to be the one to break it. They can do whatever they like to her while she is unconscious. I can treat the physical injuries but if they're messing with her head..."
"God no." I pulled her limp body to my chest. "My sweet girl. You don't deserve this."
"Joseph, I know this is hard but I need you to let her go so I can heal her." Magnus said gently. I shook my head. "I know how difficult this is for you but the best thing for her is if you let me help her." I nodded and placed her carefully on the bed.
"Not dying goes both ways love." I whispered into her ear.
--------
Finally he stopped all of the visions. The girl laid on the floor reeling from her experiences.
"I think that is enough for now." He walked over to her and crouched. "I think you've learned your lesson. Don't disobey me again. I can be some much worse than this." He whispered into her ear running a hand over her golden curls. "I don't care how long it takes, you will respect me again, you will be the perfect daughter. Only then can you join me." He left her on the floor and broke the spell.
----------
Jace's POV
Magnus's magic weaved over my sister's body encasing her in a net of blue light. Slowly the blood stopped. Then all of a sudden her whole body relaxed.
"The spell has broken. I have healed the wound but I have sedated her, she'll sleep for awhile now." He let the magic go and the blue light dropped. "Can I talk to you Jace, outside?" He asked, I nodded and followed him out the room.
"I am going to try my hardest to prevent this from happening again but I can't promise anything. I have never seen this before." He said grimly.
"But she'll be okay now right?" I asked.
"She should be, her wound has healed and the poison in her system has passed, the water has left her lungs but as I said before, her mental state is a different story. We'll know more when she wakes up." He nodded.
"And Joe?" I glanced back at the boy sitting next to my sister gently whispering to her. "Is there anything you can do for him?"
"I could make him sleep, that's about it. Then again I wouldn't suggest trying to separate them." He smiled sadly. "I have never met two people so...." He struggled for the word. "Interlaced with each other heart and soul."
"And you have been alive a long time." I just couldn't help myself.
"Yes well." He shook his head. "She will probably wake in the morning, bring her to me after that. Now I must go. I was organising my glitter collection before you called." He grinned and left. I looked at my sister again, laying still on the bed like nothing had happened and Joe, who was so much more than just her partner, sitting next to her watching over her with bloodshot eyes from crying and shut the door knowing that I had left her in the best hands possible.