Finding Help and three little words

Elizabeth's POV
I opened my eyes slowly and stared up at the white ceiling, it took me a few moments to realise that I was back in my room and that this wasn't some cruel vision placed there by my father. I wasn't dead. I wasn't in pain. I was safe. Suddenly, I became aware of the fact that someone was sleeping beside me. I rolled over and saw that Joe was lying on his side fast asleep. I ran my eyes over his body checking for injuries they finally came to land on his tear stained face. I brought my hand to rest on his cheek gently stroking the tear tracks left there.
---------
Joe's POV
I woke up to a warm hand on my cheek. I opened my eyes to a pair of blue almost purple eyes gazing into mine sadly.
"You've been crying." She smiled, her voice still thick with sleep and something else. "And you're alive." She added gratefully. I placed my hand over hers for a moment before removing it.
"And so are you."  I replied sitting up. She screwed up her face in confusion. "Elizabeth, do you remember?"
"Remember what?" She flopped over onto her back.
"What happened last night?" She nodded in a reply. "Everything that happened there happened to you here." I said simply and she grew pale her hand snaking down to her stomach. She pulled up her shirt and saw the thin pink scar that now crossed her skin.
"You did this to me." She whispered sadly tracing it with a fingertip. I stayed silent too shocked to speak. "You took a knife and stuck it in my stomach while you called me a monster."
"By the Angel, what did he do to you?" I asked under my breath. She closed her eyes.
---------
Elizabeth's POV
"By the Angel, what did he do to you?" I heard him say under his breath and closed my eyes instantly the events of last night replayed in my head.
"I don't want to talk about it." I shook my head. "Who healed me?"
"Magnus, I tried iratzes but it didn't work. Neither Jace or I could wake you so we called him. We had no choice." He said quickly almost defensively. I nodded. "How are you feeling?"
"A little achy I suppose." I said honestly.
"A stab wound to the stomach would probably make you achy." He tried at a joke but failed, both of us in too dark of a mood to joke around. "I should go tell Jace you're awake. He'd want to know." I nodded again gazing at the ceiling. "Do you want me to bring you some breakfast?" He asked, I shrugged. "Alright, I'll only be a few minutes. Will you be okay?" I nodded again and he left.
-----
Jace's POV
There was a sharp knock on my door and I opened it to Joe.
"Has Liz woken up yet?"
"That's what I came to tell you." I followed him out of my room and into the kitchen.
"Has she said anything?" I asked and he stiffened and pales.
"She said that I stabbed her." He said through gritted teeth while making coffee. "Other than that just that she didn't want to talk about it and that she is feeling achy." He shoved two slices of bread aggressively into the toaster. "Any other questions were responded with a nod or other head movements."
"Mind the plate, what has it ever done to you?" I joked as he slammed it down on the counter but it garnered a harsh glare from Joe.
"About what you said last night?" He asked leaning against the counter. "The whole being careful thing?" He reminded me and I nodded and motioned for him to continue. "It's not like that. We haven't.... we aren't..."
I raised an eyebrow "You aren't sleeping together?"
"Yes that, I suppose in the literal sense we were sleeping together in the same bed but that's all we do sleep." He nodded.
"Well, I'll take your word for it but remember she's my baby sis so I can and will break your face if you hurt her." I nodded and an understanding was born.
----------
Elizabeth's POV
I turned on the shower and stepped into the steaming hot water and let it fall over my body. I turned off the water and wrapped a fluffy towel around my body and hair. I stepped out of the bathroom and found a tray of breakfast food on my bed with a note in Joe's messy scrawl. 
I picked up the mug of coffee and breathed in the comforting smell. He always made the most perfect coffee. There was a plate of toast with butter but I left that not feeling hungry. After running a brush through my wet hair, pulling on a pair of jeans and a blue tank top I made my way to the library taking my coffee with me. When I arrived, Jace was on the phone and Joe was pacing. I rolled my eyes and entered the room
"Alright well thank you Magnus, we'll be there in ten." He hung up and noticed I was there. "Hey sis, how are you doing?"
I shrugged. "I've been better."
"You are going to visit Magnus." He said suddenly. I nodded.
"I'm going to grab some stuff before we leave." Joe said, 'stuff' being code for weapons. "Want anything?"
"Under my bed, daggers and sword. Thanks." I said not looking away from Jace who was watching me intently. He nodded and left the room squeezing my shoulder before he did.
"Are you okay?" Jace asked watching my face carefully.
"No." I said simply and shrugged not knowing what to say.
"No. Of course not." He smiled awkwardly. "I'm staying here, with Clary."
"Did you fix it with her, after the kiss?" I asked to distract myself.
"I don't know." He shrugged. "Tell me what he says won't you?" I nodded as Joe reappeared in the room.
"I brought your jacket and some shoes too." He said handing me my sword and daggers along with a pair of converse. I pulled them on and tucked the daggers and sword away. "Let's go." He said after hiding his swords in his jacket while I downed the coffee.

We arrived at Magnus's minutes later, he flung open the door and he pulled me into a tight hug the moment he caught sight of me. I pulled away and smiled. "Magnus, I love you but you are getting glitter all over me." I said brushing the tiny particles off my skin and clothes.
"And what's wrong with that?" He asked raising an eyebrow.
"It's not really my style." I said laughing as we entered his extravagant apartment.
"Darling, glitter is everyone's style, I thought I had taught you that." He led us over to the couches. "I am so glad that you're not dying anymore. This is a much better look."
"Umm... thanks... I guess?" I said confused to whether that was a complement or not.
"Well, let's get down to business." He clapped his hands together. "Joseph I need these from the store, can you fetch them?" He asked handing him a list and some money.
"Can't you just magic them here?"
"No. Now go." And he shooed him out of the apartment. "I need you to tell me exactly what happened to you." 
"Do I have to? I really don't want to think about it." I groaned.
"Yes now spill." He said as if I was about to dish on my latest date.
"I woke up back in the library, my father was there, we had an argument. Then he made me watch as Joe and Jace died in horrific ways." I swallowed trying to hold back the tears. "And I couldn't do anything about it. Then he changed it so that they were killing me."
"That explains the injuries. It also explains the screaming that Joe told me about." He nodded. "Now, I have stayed up all night researching, and this is what I've found." He explained his findings to me and by the end I felt discouraged.
"So you can't help me?"
"No. Not enough anyway to be any help. I'm sorry Button." He said sadly.
"It's okay." Magnus looked as if he didn't believe me. "No really Mags, it's fine, you've done your best. I can deal with this. It's gonna be okay." I assured him.
"You know, when I first met you, Eliza, as a tiny little girl who was scared of everything, I wouldn't have imagined that we would be here today with you as one of the best young shadowhunter. I would have laughed at any one who suggested it but I am so glad that I have been proved wrong because you are an amazing young woman who makes me proud every time I see you." He smiled.
"Aww Mags!" I pulled him into a hug. "I love you, you crazy, glittery, fabulous warlock."
"I know, I am fabulous aren't I?" He smiled.
"Yes you are!" I grinned. At that moment Joe barged his way into the apartment his arms full of brown paper bags.
"You know what? I hate American supermarkets. They are so weird. Did you know that they pay people to pack your shopping? I mean that's just crazy." He dumped the bags in the kitchen. "Also did you just use me to do your food shop?"
"Maybe. You are far to stressed for me to work, it disrupts the energy in the room." I shot Magnus a strange look and he just shrugged.
"Well. Is all your work done?" Joe asked annoyed that he had been left out.
"I'll fill you in later." I told him. "Magnus, thank you for trying to help."
"It's not a problem Button. If you need me again you know where I am. I'll see you in a couple weeks for a check up unless it happens again."
"Okay, well I guess this is bye then." I nodded.
"I'll see you soon." Joe said leaving the apartment. I started to leave the room but Magnus stopped me before I left.
"Oh and Eliza, don't keep what happened to yourself, talk to Joe. Bottling up inside will only make it so much worse."
"Thank you Mags. " He nodded and I smiled before leaving the apartment. Joe was waiting for me outside.
"So?" He asked as soon as I shut the door.
"I see what Magnus was talking about, you are disrupting my energy too."
"Elizabeth! This is no time to joke!" He snapped.
"Calm down! Everything's fine!" I snapped back.
"Elizabeth, I watched you almost die last night, I am not in the mood for you to be so flippant about it!" He glared at me.
"And I watched you die over and over again unable to do anything about it just because I love you!" I told him keeping my voice as calm as possible before I spun and walked quickly out of sight.
-------------
Joe's POV
"And I watched you die over and over again unable to do anything about it just because I love you!" She said her voice dangerously calm like she was about to snap before she turned and walked away from me. I couldn't believe what she had said. She loved me. I stood reeling for a few minutes before I ran off after her. "Elizabeth!" I shouted when I reached the street. She was nowhere to be seen. I had lost her again and this time it was all my fault.