To party with a warlock

Joe's POV

Liza took my hand and pulled me into the throws of the party. She was glowing, in her element. I pulled her in and whispered into her ear. "See him yet?" I dropped a kiss on her neck feigning to be a couple once again. It was a tactic we'd used many a time before and were well practiced at. She laughed in response winding her arms around my neck.

"My right, with the little seelie girl." She motioned her head to the very glittery warlock, drink in hand laughing. She lent up to me so our lips were almost touching and whispered. "What do we do?" Then dropped her head laughing, She was good at this game so much so that if I didn't know that it was a game, I'd even believe it.

"Wait for him to come to us. We don't want to make a scene." I said into her ear, noticing her shiver ever so slightly, wrapping an arm around her small waist. "Let's dance while we wait."

--------

Elizabeth's POV

Joe and I were dancing waiting for Magnus to realise we were there. The room was warm and filled with bodies but it was easy to keep an eye on the extravagant warlock that was Magnus since he was ever so slightly covered in glitter and glimmering in the lights.

"I'm gonna get us drinks and check on the others." I shouted to Joe over the music.

"Don't be too long. I don't wanna lose you in here." He yelled back pressing a kiss to my temple brushing the hair from my face. I smiled making my way to the bar.

"What do you think you're doing?" Jace asked appearing beside me.

"Working my magic. Completing my mission." I turned to face him. "Why, is it making you uncomfortable?" I asked sarcastically.

"You are my baby sister so yes seeing you seducing your partner makes me uncomfortable." He shook his head. "He is wound tighter round your finger than Dad ever was and you were his darling baby girl."

I chose to reply to this comment very maturely by sticking my tongue out at him before saying, "We've done this thousands of times. This is us working. This is how we've always done this sort of mission. No ones gonna take notice of us, we're preventing a scene." I ran off back into the mass of people before he could say anything else. I manoeuvred around people looking for Joe but I couldn't find him anywhere. Suddenly something grabbed me around my waist and a man pulled me near to him.

"Come dance with me baby." A thick drunk voice slurred into my ear.

"No thanks, I'm looking for my boyfriend." I tried to pull away from him but he pulled me tighter against him.

"Come on cutie, it'll be fun." He hissed into my ear making me squirm while he pushed his hands up my thighs to the hem of my skirt.

"Please let go of me." I asked trying to break free of his hold.

"I don't think so cutie, your blood smells so temptingly good. I think I'll just have to have a taste." A vampire, I thought before I pulled my dagger out from my boot.

"Let me go or this is going straight through your heart which would be a shame since it's one of my favourites." I threatened holding the dagger between us.

"There's no need for that is there now cutie?" He said bearing his fangs.

"You heard the girl Carlos let go of her." Magnus Bane appeared next to us.

"It's none of your business warlock. This is between me and this little cutie here." He nusled into my hair.

"It is when it's happening in my house. Now let go of her or I'll have to make you and that would just ruin my party." Magnus threatened

"Get your hands of my girlfriend now." Joe growled. He looked rather intimidating at six foot tall and all muscles even if he was only sixteen.

"Alright man. I didn't mean any harm." He let go of me quickly and disappeared back into the party.

"Are you okay love?" Joe asked pulling me into a hug. I nodded my head as I sagged against him.

"He didn't hurt you did he?" Magnus asked worriedly.

"No he just made my skin crawl."

"Alright well then why don't you put that dagger away. We don't want you scaring away any of my guests do we?" Magnus laughed and I slipped the dagger back into my boot pulling away from Joe.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked pulling my skirt back down to it's proper place.

"A little birdie told me you were heading to New York and then I heard all the commotion and then I heard him call you cutie and thought 'no-one is allowed to call my cute little button cute except from me.' Although maybe I should say my beautiful little button because you look incredible Eliza!" He grinned and hugged me. "You too Joe, you scrub up well."

"Thanks." Joe mumbled.

" We couldn't be under dressed at our favourite Warlock's party could we?" I grinned back.

"I wouldn't let Miss Lola hear you say that." Magnus laughed. "What are you doing here?"

"We've actually come on business Mags, regarding a young woman named Clary." He nodded and I lead him over to the rest of the group. "Alec, Izzy, Jace, Clary. Magnus Bane, high warlock of Brooklyn."

"I heard you saved my sister's life, thank you for that." Jace stuck his hand out for Magnus to shake. He shrugged and shook it.

"It was a pleasure for someone as sweet as Elizabeth here." He smiled down at me. Joe stood behind me my shoulder pressing against his solid chest using it to hold up my tired body.

"We have some questions for you Mr Bane but first Joe, could you take Elizabeth home? She looks like she's about to faint." Alec asked his forehead creased in concern.

"Of course. Come on love." Joe took my hand and tried lead me to the door.

"I'm fine, I wanna stay ." I said resisting. "I wanna finish the mission."

"It's okay Elizabeth you've completed your part of the mission, you've done great." Alec assured me.

"Okay I guess if you don't need us." I gave in and allowed Joe to lead me out on to the street after I said goodbye to Magnus and promised to visit him soon.

We walked in a comfortable silence for awhile before the quiet is broken by the sound of a demon approaching.

---------

Joe's POV

The ravener demon was stalking us from the shadows of a nearby alley. It's eyes fixed on the very exhausted looking Liza and attacked.