07 // dick

// luke //

Luke had never been one for relationships. He had only ever been in one before, and that had ended painfully. He found it difficult to show affection, he didn't buy flowers, and he didn't comfort anyone when they started crying.

And most of all, he didn't love. 

Which explains his body count. He had lost track, honestly, but he knew it was well into the double digits. Very well into. He would go to the bar, or maybe take one of the waitresses into his car after work, or maybe even go to a club with Michael, if he was in the mood. There was always some desperate girl somewhere, wanting to fuck, and it was rare he ever said no.

Currently, one of the only things on his mind was how he hadn't had sex in a month. An unsual occurrence for him. Being twenty-one and having sexual frustration was normal, but having sexual frustration and nearly breaking the lock on his front door because he also had anger issues- wasn't as common.

His jaw was in pain from grinding his teeth all of the time, and he was nearly out of painkillers. But the only place he could get more was the pharmacy. And currently, he was not in the mood to be robbed and get the shit beaten out of him.

So instead, he took a washcloth with ice cubes in it and held it to his jaw. He could bear through the pain, so long as he had some sort of distraction.

Letting his mind wander, Luke could feel himself gravitating to remembering the day at the country club, only a week ago. It was way too out of his element, and the fact that the girl his brother had set him up with didn't even bother to show was almost insulting.

Luke hadn't gone because he thought he might be interested in the chick; he had gone to humor his brother. And possibly get his dick wet. Obviously, that didn't happen.

But he was almost glad he got to spend some time with Cate. Yes, she could be a little irritating, but she was slowly starting to grow on him. The little things she did, like tucking a strand of hair behind her ear, or getting flustered at anything he said were amusing to him. Especially because she wasn't doing those things for attention. Luke found her so innocent and fragile, and he knew Calum wanted him to stay away from her, but he nearly couldn't help himself.

His phone ringing pulled him out of his thoughts.

Glancing over, he saw Michael's name flash across the screen. They hadn't really talked in a few weeks, so he wondered what he could be calling about.

"Hey, Mikey, what's up?" he asked, grabbing his phone, and feigning that speaking wasn't paining his jaw.

"Luke, hey," Michael replied a bit cheerily. "I was wondering if I could stop by next week."

"Yeah. Why?"

"What do you mean, why? It's your birthday," Michael laughed.

"Yeah, it is," Luke sighed. "But you don't need to come over."

"No, Luke, it's your birthday," Michael insisted. "We have to celebrate."

Luke huffed. "I'll be twenty-two, what's the big deal?"

"It's your birthday, Luke," he groaned. "Please, please, please let us do something. We can get drunk, we can pick up girls, I can make those brownies-"