30 // disaster

// luke //

I don't know how we managed to wake up and have energy at six-forty in the morning, but somehow we did. My alarm hadn't even gone off yet.

"Morning, sleepy," I mumbled in her ear, pressing gentle kisses on her cheek. I smoothed a lock of her hair behind her ear, watching her eyes flutter open and the corners of her lips break into a smile.

She giggled when I nuzzled my face into her neck, rolling over to look at me.

"What?"

"Kiss me, baby," I murmured.

Catelynn slipped her hand up to hold my cheek before attaching our lips softly. Her teeth grazed my lower lip and tugged it into her mouth before she pulled away, smiling.

"Happy now?"

"Almost," I mumbled.

Cate surprised me by gently pushing me flat onto my back. My eyes widened in the slightest when she slid on top of me, her hands pressing against my chest.

Cate giggled again, her knees straddling my waist as she gazed down at me. My hair was mussed and a lock of it that had grown out was hanging in my eye, which she pushed back to see my face.

She was beaming, a blush running across her cheeks and nose as she stared at me with some sort of admiration. Half of her hair was hanging down, almost shielding her face as the other half was tucked behind her ear.

I propped myself up onto my elbow, reaching out to grasp her cheek. Cate leaned down over me, and her hips rolled over my groin in a way that made a low groan tumble from my lips.

Our noses bumped together, and just as she was about to kiss me, there was a knock on her bedroom door.

My breathing stopped.

It swung open seconds later, not even giving us any time to react before we saw an unbothered Mali standing there.

"Cate, do you have any tampons; I'm all out-"

She froze, eyes huge.

"Oh my God."

My stomach dropped.

Cate scrambled off of me, the shirt I had given her riding up her thighs to show she wasn't wearing any shorts underneath.

"Oh my God."

She could tell there were dark purple marks coating her little sister's neck from ten feet away, and I felt fear twisting in my stomach.

"Oh my God oh my God oh my God- Catelynn Grace Hood."

I pulled myself to a sitting position, aware of how Cate was panicking and Mali was nearly screaming at almost seven in the morning.

"Luke, I can't believe-!"

She was about to yell again, but Cate smacked her hand over her mouth. Her eyes were huge as she stared at us in disbelief. I mean, I would have too, honestly. Her baby sister was straddling a grown man in nothing but a t-shirt. That would be pretty scarring.

"Be quiet, Mali! You can't just barge in here-" Cate hissed, trying to do her best to not start involuntarily shaking as she kept her hand clamped over her older sister's mouth. Mali tugged it off, obviously unable to process anything she just witnessed.

"What are you two doing? Mom's going to fucking murder you," Mali whispered loudly.

"Not if you don't tell her!"

"I can't just not say anything-"

Cate glared at her. "Don't you dare, Mali."

"She should know what's happening under her own roof-" she protested.