12 // boner

// luke //

Cate led Luke up to her room, softly shutting the door behind them. He set his phone on her desk, watching as she dug through her dresser for pajamas.

He wasn't sure whether he would just sleep in his work clothing, or how comfortable she would be if he stripped down to his boxers.

"Luke," she caught his attention gently.

"Hm?" he replied, running a hand through his hair.

"Can you turn around please?" Cate asked sweetly, a blush running across her cheeks as she clutched her pajamas to her chest.

"O- oh yeah, of course," Luke agreed, a little flustered at the thought of her changing only a few feet away. He graciously turned his back, twiddling with his fingers.

Figuring that asking Calum for a shirt to borrow would escalate the situation into something that could easily turn fatal, Luke decided he'd just strip down to his boxers. He wasn't really sure how Catie'd feel about it, so maybe he'd take getting undressed slowly. He knew he'd very willingly keep his dress shirt on for her, so  he had better start with that.

He decided to take off his shoes, figuring she wouldn't want him to wear those in her bed. If she asked him to, Luke knew he wouldn't hesitate to do so, but he didn't think that was going to be the case.

"You can turn around now," Cate said quietly.

Luke turned back around, a little surprised to see her pjs were a pair of blue shorts and a white crop top that did nothing to help his racing mind. She was busy arranging her work clothes onto hangers, walking over to her closet. He watched with raised eyebrows as she opened the door to reveal a large walk-in closet, finding space on one of the bars to hang her uniform.

"I'm going to go brush my teeth," she told him, shutting the door. He nodded, figuring this was a good time to undress.

Slowly, he undid his belt, slipping it out from his trousers, before those followed as well. He unbuttoned a few shirt buttons as well but kept the thin material on, unsure of if she'd be uncomfortable with it off.

Carefully, Luke gathered his things, putting them in a neat-ish pile on the floor by her dresser, out of view from anyone who came into the room. He hoped she wouldn't mind.

Cate poked her head out of the bathroom, her face clearly damp with water. She was going to say something, but instead was distracted by how he'd only half gotten changed. "You're going to sleep in your shirt?"

"Well, I just- I figured-" Luke shrugged, turning a little red, not quite sure how to explain. She just giggled, retreating back into the bathroom.

Unbuttoning his shirt as well, he dropped it into his sort-of-neat-but-also-sort-of-messy pile of clothing, feeling a little out of place as he waited for Cate. 

With her hair flowing over her shoulders and her eyes twinkling, Cate walked over to her bed, leaning over in front of Luke to readjust the mattress. Either she really was clueless about how revealing her shorts were, or she was teasing him. He figured it was the first option, knowing her, so he did his best not to look.

She climbed into the bed, pulling the covers up from where they were neatly made. "Are you just going to stand there?" she asked playfully, glancing up to see Luke standing a little awkwardly by the end of her mattress. He made his way over to the opposite side, cautiously getting into the bed. Before he could stop himself, a whimper escaped his lips at how good the feeling of her mattress was against his sore muscles. Cate just giggled and turned away with a blush before lying down beside him. Luke reached out, tugging the sheets overtop of them, making sure Catie was covered.