14 // blushing

// luke //

Eleanor and her sons had decided to take a walk after lunch, leaving Luke and Cate to clean up, who insisted several times that they didn't mind at all. Which they didn't. Both of them wanted to spend more time together, despite having spent all night and a good portion of the day before with each other.

Cate giggled as his arms snaked around her waist in a hug while she was setting the last empty tray onto the cart.

"How's that for a lunch together?" he asked, feeling her small hands slip over his bigger ones.

"It was good," she grinned, leaning into him.

"How'd Ms Peters know it was you?"

Cate shrugged. "I'm really not sure. Maybe she saw a Facebook post from my mom recently or something."

Luke loved the way she fit so nicely against him, even if they were just standing against each other in an empty hotel suite. Her head leaned against his chest as her heels pressed every so gently on the toes of his shoes.

He noticed her yawning, which made him chuckle. "Catie-Cat, it's only one p.m., you can't be getting tired."

"Well," she mumbled- a little indignantly, "I woke up at seven with you, so I'd say I have a very good excuse."

"I get up at 6:30 everyday, and I'm not yawning," he said softly, finding how close they were and how comfortable they felt together so relaxing.

She giggled.

"What?"

"Your chest vibrates when you speak," Cate blushed, her hands still covering his own.

"And that's funny?" he teased lightly.

"It tickles."

"Mhm."

Placing his chin on the top of her head, Luke exhaled. "I wish I could go to bed now, honestly."

"See!" she exclaimed. "You're tired too!"

He chuckled, playing with a loose strand of hair that had gotten into his face. "Well, I like getting to sleep with you."

Even though he couldn't see her face, he just knew she was blushing. Luke craved the feeling that he could make her flustered so easily, even over something as small as what he just said.

His phone buzzed in his pocket, and Cate jumped at the feeling against her leg.

Slipping one arm from around her waist, Luke pulled it out to see it was a text from Autumn.

From: Autumn Jacobsen
Where is Catelynn?!

To: Autumn Jacobsen
Ms Peters invited us to lunch

From: Autumn Jacobsen
Are you done eating yet?

Even through text, she was still very aggressive.

To: Autumn Jacobsen
Yeah, we'll be down in a minute

Sighing, he slid his phone back into his pocket, before squeezing Cate against him tightly. Letting her go, they separated.

"Autumn wants you," he told her, watching her eyes roam his face. She didn't want to go, and Luke didn't want her to either. But they both knew that Autumn would be raging sooner or later, and it was better for it to happen sooner so it would get over and done with.

Cate pursed her lips, before grabbing the handles on the cart.

"I can take it if you want," he suggested.