42 // sky

// luke //

I was a nervous wreck.

I had been standing at the front desk for however long now, my hands shaking with anxiety.

I had woken up, and only fifteen minutes later Catelynn had practically forced me out of bed because of how persistent I was on calling in sick. I didn't want to go in, because that meant the chance of seeing that little kid... and possibly even Sky.

So there I was, leaning against the desk with trembling hands and a million thoughts racing through my mind.

Elizabeth or Alex probably checked them in- if it was them- because I know Ashton would have told me immediately. I didn't even know why she would be here. Sky didn't live near here, but maybe she was playing a few shows with her band.

God, just thinking about Sky made my stomach knot up.

The last time I had seen her, we had fought. So she locked herself in the tour bus before I got fucking ripped to shreds and ditched by her bandmates.

Taking a shaky breath, I sat down in my chair.

Sky might not even come down today. I might not see her. She might not even be here.

My curiosity slowly got the best of me, and I found myself opening up the file of all the current guests.

I scrolled down to the 'C's, where I felt my heart plummet. 'Colson, Sky' was typed up.

"Oh, God," I mumbled under my breath.

There were several other names that made a different type of fear strike in me. Her brother. And two of her band mates.

Her brother, Hyde, and her guitarist were the ones I couldn't stand. And for obvious reasons. They had fucked me over. The drummer, I could never remember his name, but I was guessing it was Jackson Bower from what was listed as all of their check in times.

Ashton's hand on my shoulder made me nearly jump out of my skin. Turning, I was met with his slightly puzzled expression.

"Luke," he said my name hesitantly.

"Hm?"

"What're you doing?" I could tell his eyes were scanning over the screen partially blocked by my broad shoulders, trying to get an answer himself.

I didn't really know what to tell him. He knew everything about Sky- except for the developments of last night- so how he would react really was up in the air.

Ashton squinted at the screen, before he pulled back to look at me. "She's staying here?"

"Catie said she left her lost son with you yesterday."

I watched as Ashton's face contorted into shock.

"She has a son?"

I nodded, my fist tightening on the arm of the chair.

He lowered his voice, leaning in slightly. "Is it yours?"

I pursed my lips, subtly shaking my head. "No idea."

It was clear that he didn't know how to respond. So he just placed his hand on my shoulder, looking at me with an indescribable expression.

"If I had checked them in..."

He took a deep breath.

"...would you have wanted me to tell you?"

And I didn't know what to say.

"I- I don't know, Ash. You have better judgement than I do."

He chuckled, patting my shoulder gently.