41 // bobby

// luke //

Catelynn called me the second I stepped into my apartment. Fumbling around in my pocket, I fished my vibrating phone out, answering it.

"Hey, princess," I greeted her, pressing the phone to my ear as I made my way back to my room. "Did you find something of mine already?"

"Uh, no." She sounded a little meek.

"Oh, okay... is something wrong?"

I could tell she was hesitating, even though I was still preoccupied trying to carry my duffel bag back to my room, the strap accidentally insanely twisted around my shoulder.

"My mom said she'll think about."

"Really?" My eyebrows raised. "That's good."

"Well," Catelynn mumbled, "she still has to tell my dad. And he's probably not going to like it at all."

I bit my lip. I honestly had forgotten about that. "Even if they do say no, I'm still close by. Okay?" I tried to reassure her.

"Mhm."

"Alright, I have to try and untangle myself out of my bag, so I'm going to go."

She stifled a small giggle. "Good luck."

"Thanks, babe. Love you," I said.

"Love you too," Cate replied back, before ending the call.

Dropping my phone onto my bed, I yanked on the strap with my other hand, ultimately making the knot tighter.

"Goddamnit," I mumbled. I had to unclip the strap and weave it out of the knotted mess or else I'd just tangle it even more. I didn't even know how it had gotten like that, mainly because I had just slung it over my shoulder and called it a day.

I tossed it onto the carpet, falling flat onto the mattress.

This was it.

I was on my own.

No little Catelynn Hood sleeping beside me.

No housekeeper.

No one.

Just me.

And god, how much I hated it.

Sure, I could do whatever I wanted without worrying about anyone else now, but I didn't want to. I wanted to be around someone.

Maybe I should get a cat.

A cat would be nice, but I was barely home all day because of work.

My hours had been eight to five since I started, but I always ended up staying an extra few because someone always ended up needing me for something.

I still had the hope of Catie moving in with me. I had never lived with someone else in my own space before, but I definitely wanted to try it out for her. And myself. I knew that things were liable to change between us, but we were both used to living together. We just had to wait and see.

My fingers grasped the sheets, and I tugged myself underneath of the covers. I didn't feel like washing up at all, but I slipped out of my clothes, tossing them onto the floor.

I laid on my side, the bed feeling empty. I knew if I rolled over, I wouldn't see her. I felt... hollow.

However, it was only temporary. I would see her at work.

With a sigh, I tucked the pillow closer to my face, just wanting to sleep.

I think I was allergic to cats anyway.