Chapter 5: Secrets and lies

Authors note: It's been so long since I updated!! I'm so sorry for being so inactive on my end. I really hope you enjoy this chapter. It's not as long as the others but I think it sets the scene for what's about to happen! Anyway please enjoy :)

~

It had been two weeks since my dad had left and Jacob had been around mine most days and nights. Things were as good as they could be. While I was making my way to school this rainy morning, my mind drifted back to Jasper. I hadn't seen him since the day my dad left. It hurt but.. If he couldn't tell me what he was hiding then I can't just forget about it and move on. There was something I didn't know. Deep down I knew I'd have to find out what it was.

I pulled up in the parking lot. Not noticing I had parked right next to the Cullens row of cars. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, preparing for another day of boring old school. As I got out of the side of the car, I could notice the Cullen gang huddled in a circle by their cars. 

I tried my best to ignore them but I had to know if he was there. I slowly looked their way, Jasper's golden eyes immediately gazed into mine. 

Shocked and embarrassed I half ran up towards the school building. Not looking back as I did so. So this was to be my day, perhaps I should have skipped it with Jacob again. 

-

Jasper's pov

Two weeks without seeing her sweet face was practically torture. But I did my best to try and conceal my feelings. It doesn't help when your brother constantly reads your mind. 'It's not my fault' whispered Edward. I tried my best to ignore his comment while the polo drove smoothly against the tarmac roads. We were almost at school, the sun was hidden behind the clouds giving us a green light to play out our facade. God I hated acting like a human but this was our way of life.

This was how we survived. It would be so much easier if I were a human. Then I could touch Y/n without wanting to feed on her. I could be around her more often...

But I'm forgetting one important thing. She doesn't know about me. She doesn't know that a monster loves her more than anything in the world. As the car slowly pulled up in the parking lot, I started to question whether I should just disappear...

'RAJ assignment due today babe. Did you study?' asked Emmett, a huge smirk on his lips. Rosalise rolled her eyes but had a small smile on her lips. Emmett chuckled in his deep voice. Edward had gone off to find Bella. 'Jaz I hate seeing you unhappy, maybe you should tell her about us..' said Alice. Rosalie heard and growled lowly. 

'Babe calm down' whispered Emmett.

'I can't Alice. If she doesn't already hate me enough, she'll hate me even more..' I said. 

Alice's eyes went blank for a while and I knew she was having a vision. 

'What is it Alice?' I asked. Alice did a small smile. 'It's nothing Jaz, now come on we're going to be late' said Alice. I knew there was something wrong but I didn't want to question her anymore. So I remained quiet while we all walked up towards the main school building. 

~

I picked up a red apple and put it on my tray, acting as if I was actually going to eat it. We all sat at our usual table while I waited for Y/n to appear. Bella and Edward soon joined us, they were talking in hushed voices for some reason. 

Maybe they were having a disagreement about something? 

A familiar sound of footsteps made their way into the cafeteria. My head automatically turned, it was her.