Chapter 17: The smell of fresh firewood

Weeks has passed since the Volturi had visited them. Jacob and Y/n we're back at Y/n's house. The coldness of winter had settled in so the fire was always lit. Since the Volturi had left things had gotten quieter. Both the wolf pack and the Cullens living in peace.

Since Christmas both Jasper and Jake had been spending time with Y/n separately. It had been a silent agreement between them. They knew the time would come were they would probably have to be around each other all the time. But for now they enjoyed having Y/n all to themselves.

Emily had come round once it was dark outside. The snow had been sticking to the ground for weeks. Non budging. But despite it being bitter everything in nature did look incredibly beautiful.

'Emily!' Exclaimed Y/n happily. She wrapped her arms around her. Emily smiled and hugged her back with just as much love and warmth.

'Oh Y/n , it's so good to see you! You look well' said Emily, taking her scarf off.

'Says you! Your glowing' replied Y/n, while looking at her small pregnancy bump.

Emily chucked, a little shy. 'Thank you Y/n. How have you been sleeping?' Asked Emily, taking the comfy chair in the lounge.

Y/n was a little surprised by this comment. 'Strangely enough I've been having really vivid dreams' replied Y/n, sitting on the couch across from her. Jake was in the other room, putting the kettle on.

'Jake told me' said Emily, gently. Y/n nodded.

'So have you guys been busy?' Asked Emily, leaning in so that it would be harder for Jake to listen in.

Y/n smirked and tried her best not to laugh.

'Yes, honestly we've been doing it twice a day..' whispered Y/n, a smirk written across her face.

Emily giggled and Jacob walked in. A very clear proud smirk written across his face. Of course he was listening the whole time.

'Coffee for you Em' said Jake, smugly. Emily took it and thanked him politely.

'Coffee for you babe' said Jake, lovingly.

'Thank you my love' replied Y/n, kissing him on the cheek. Jacob turned her head and kissed her on the lips. He was always cheeky like that.

'It always makes me so happy to see you both content' said Emily, happily.

'Thanks Em' replied Jake, putting his arm around
Y/n. She snuggled into him.
~
'Carlisle when do you think we can play baseball again?' Asked Jasper, looking rather sexy in his winter clothing.

'I'm not sure Jasper, although I suspect if anyone knows.. it's Alice' said Carlisle, gently.

'Alice?' Called Jasper. Alice appeared not a moment later. Wearing mostly all black.

'Not until the snow melts. Then a thunderstorm is due' said Alice, her eyes going foggy. Edward was reading across the other side of the room. His face looked ever so serious as he read Alice's thoughts. Their eyes connected for a moment.

Alice's full of worry while Edward's full of understanding. Then they looked away. Jasper didn't notice the look but could feel Alice's sudden anxiety.

'Alice I can feel your anxiety. Please can you tell me what you see' said Jasper, almost pleading with her. She'd been trying so hard to control her feelings when they were in close proximity but sometimes when she had certain visions. She would inevitably slip up slightly.

'Jaz..' said Alice, gently. She wanted so bad to tell him what she saw but she knew that she couldn't. As it could effect the timeline.

Jasper nodded, incredibly frustrated.