Chapter 9: Compromise

Authors note: Hi readers! It seems to be a recurring theme that I disappear for months on end then return to post a chapter :(  For that I very much apologise. I wish I could be more persistent but all I can do is try my best. Anyways, I hope you enjoy this chapter and I hope you're all well <3

~

Previously;

'Oh Alice, it was perfect. It was everything that I could have wanted' said Y/n.

Alice noticed that she looked sad. 'Then what's wrong Y/n?' asked Alice.

'How am I meant to tell Jake....' breathed Y/n.

Alice became lost in her thoughts while Y/n waited patiently for her to respond.

'There are so many paths, but Y/n you love them both don't you?' questioned Alice.

Y/n gasped, she hadn't expected her to say that. But Alice reassured her.

'It's okay, you don't have to say right now. I know that it's going to take time' said Alice, holding her hand gently. 

'But Alice... what did you see?' asked Y/n curiously. Alice furrowed her perfect brows.

'I can't tell you, it might alter your future' said Alice.

'Alice please, I just need some idea of what to do..' said Y/n starting to fret. Alice held her hand a little tighter, trying to calm her down. 

'Y/n I promise everything will be okay, you will know what to do in your heart' said Alice.

'But what if I mess up and lose them both forever' said Y/n.   

'Do you trust me?' asked Alice. 'Yes' replied Y/n instantly. 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.  'Come in' said Alice, gently.

It was Edward. He looked worried and confused. Y/n wasn't used to seeing him much as he usually spends all his time with his girlfriend Bella. So this must be worth telling.

'Edward, what's going on?' questioned Alice. 'It's Jacob' said Edward.

Y/n stood up as fast as she could. 'What's going on?' asked Y/n. 

'He's threatening to break the treaty if we don't give Y/n back immediately' said Edward.                  

Y/n almost smirked at this. Of course he would do that. Although she wasn't surprised the others did seem quite concerned by this. As if by silent decision all of the Cullen's escorted her to the treaty line. Jacob was waiting between some trees, without a shirt on and on his motorbike. His hair looked damp from the rain and it was as if he'd been waiting there for hours. Once he saw Y/n's hair in the distance, he sighed in relief and waited till she was back in his arms. Y/n smiled a little sheepishly at him while he smirked and kissed her strongly on the cheek once she was by his side. 'Oh god.... thank god' whispered Jake. 'Oh Jake' Y/n breathed. It had only been a few hours and yet she missed every part of him. Once they pulled apart they looked at the Cullen's.

'Jacob. It's nice to see you' said Carlise, trying his best to remain friendly. 

'Does she know?' asked Jake, just wanting the truth.

'She does Jacob and I hope she feels safe around us' said Carlise.

'I do feel safe' said Y/n, speaking up. Esme smiled happily at this and so did many of them.

Jasper was gazing at her the entire time, not wavering his look. He was half smiling and trying to talk to her through his eyes. Y/n noticed and looked back at him, she smirked at him and then looked away embarrassed. Jasper almost chuckled at her reaction.