Chapter 16: As white as snow

Authors note:

Sorry it's been a long time since I last updated this story but it's taken me quite a while to write this one as it's very long so make sure you have plenty of drinks and snacks while reading this! i very much hope you enjoy :)

~

Alice was right, the snow began to get heavier with each day. They had one more day left. For a lot of the time they had mostly stayed at the Cullen's. As they were all trying their best to mentally prepare themselves. It was late afternoon, when Y/n decided to go on a walk through the forest on her own. She needed to clear her head and her powers were also going a bit out of control. Before she had made a storm cloud inside, ruining one of Esme's paintings. She forgave her very quickly but Y/n couldn't help but feel guilty about it.

Jake had been mostly circling the perimeter and meeting up with the pack outside the border. He hardly left Y/n for too long. As his anxiety was increasing by the minute. Jasper was almost the same but everyone could tell he was trying to clear his mind. He tried meditating every chance he got and spend a lot of time reading myths and legends. Y/n figured he was trying to prepare for what's coming. 

Carlise spend a lot of the time at the hospital as they kept on calling for the best doctor in Forks. 

Esme spent a lot of her time creating new house designs up in the study. 

Rosalie and Emmett spend a lot of time at their small lodge just outside of Forks, since it was around the time of their wedding anniversary. 

Bella and Edward were hardly in the house yet no one seemed to question their whereabouts. 

Lastly Alice spend her time away, she said that she's gathering perspective and waiting to see if anything of significance changes. Her essence and aura is missed in the house but everyone makes do without her for now. 

Y/n made her way through the cold forest, admiring how beautiful the snow stuck to the leaves and trees. For a moment she felt a sense of calm. For a moment she forgot all about the Volturi. She wasn't sure what was going to happen. But she had a strange feeling that something big was about to happen. Even after the Volturi. But she just couldn't put her finger on it. The sun was trapped behind the moody clouds in the sky. Making the whole forest very bright to look at. 

It gently began to snow as she felt herself shiver. She looked at the time and realised she had best walk back encase it got any later. All the Cullen's decided to meet back the house around dinner. Even though it was only Y/n, Jake and Bella that would actually be eating. Once Y/n arrived at the house, Jake was outside with only some shorts on. He smiled a goofy smile at her. 

'Hey' said Jake, sweetly. His arms stretching outward for a hug. 

Y/n smiled a true smile. 'Oh Jake' said Y/n, while melting in his arms. 

'How are you feeling?' asked Jake, gently. He was stroking her hair, trying to calm down any negative feelings. 

'I'm okay, I'm trying my best' said Y/n, taking a deep breath. She breathed in his scent of pine and musk. She adored his scent so much. 

'I promise everything will be okay. Your so strong' said Jake, proudly.

'Thank you Jake' said Y/n, smiling. 

They pulled apart a little and leaned back in, connecting their lips together. It was soft and gentle and there was so much love behind it. The world seemed to disappear around them. They began deepening the kiss, wanting more of each other. But then they heard a gentle knock at the window. It was Emmett and he was wearing a big grin. Once Y/n and Jake looked at him, he chuckled loudly through the window.