Chapter 11: A promise

Authors note: I feel like this chapter is going to be quite special and fun to write. So I do hope you enjoy! As always please show your love by voting and commenting. And please follow me for more frequent updates :)

~

It was drizzly outside and Y/n and Jake were all cosy in her bed, wrapped up in soft blankets. Their nature getting the better of them once they returned from school. Now they were tired out from their steamy reunion. 'Are you worried about tonight?' asked Jake, while stroking her hair.

'Not at all, I'm positive it'll go well. Seeing as Carlisle's such a peacemaker' said Y/n, softly. 

'Your right about that' said Jacob with a smile. Then it faded. 'Will you be staying at theirs tonight?' asked Jake.

'I think so, they seem keen for me to stay. And I also think Esme's dying to cook for me' said Y/n, with a smile. 'Well as long as your happy, that's all that matters' said Jake, while kissing her cheek. 'Will you guard the house?' asked Y/n, gently. 'Do you want me to?' asked Jake.

'It might be a long night... so I don't know' said Y/n, quietly. Jake nodded and started kissing her neck. 'Come on Mr, I'm afraid we can't be in bed all day' said Y/n with a smile. 'Sadly..' huffed Jake. Y/n chuckled at his reaction. 'What time is the meeting?' asked Y/n. 'Around 7 I think..' said Jake, checking the time. 'Shit, we've gotta go. Otherwise we'll be late' said Jake. 'I knew it' said Y/n, with a laugh. 

After getting ready they locked up the house before going to meet them at the Cullen's house. Y/n was wearing a long red dress, she had suddenly decided on wearing something that would stand out. Jacob thought she looked beautiful, but he was a little upset he wasn't getting the pleasure of being with her tonight. As they went hand in hand, Y/n knocked on the glass door.

Carlise opened the door to greet them. He had a smile on his face. 'Y/n, Jacob thank you both for coming' said Carlise, warmly. 'Thank you for having us' said Jacob, speaking up. Y/n was surprised by his kindness to him and squeezed Jake's hand gently. As they walked up the stairs and through the house, they both noticed how the place had been decorated, With mostly red and white roses. It must have been a coincidence because they were Y/n's favourites. As they entered the kitchen, everyone was dressed up nicely. This was also surprising as it was to discuss a common threat.  It wasn't exactly something to celebrate. 'Wow there all really formal tonight' whispered Jake. 

The Cullen's greeted them warmly, Rose certainly tried her best. 'No offence but isn't this a little formal for a meeting about a threat?' questioned Jake. Carlise was going to speak but Jasper decided to reply. 'We thought why not make a little occasion of it and since Y/n also plans on staying here tonight' said Jasper, kindly. Jake just nodded and handed the note over to Carlise, which he took graciously. He read the note quite quickly and needed a moment to think. But Edward spoke before he had time to respond. 

'I've never seen her before, no one has. Which means she must be a newborn' said Edward.

'Edwards right and I agree with Sam. This is something we should team up for. We'll take turns watching the borders. If Sam is right and she is wanting to attack then we will be ready but I would rather have a more peaceful encounter. So we could find out what she wants' said Carlise. 'I agree, I suppose I better go and tell Sam everything. But would you like to meet with the pack again?' asked Jake. 'Yes I think that would be suitable' said Carlise. 'I should go and tell them' said Jake, a little hesitant. 'We'll leave you to say your goodbyes' said Carlise, gently. It was decided that Jasper and Y/n would stay here while the others met up with the pack. So Jake had to say his goodbye to her for now.

'Be safe Jake' whispered Y/n. Jacob kissed her hand and closed his eyes breathing in her scent. 'God I'm going to miss you..' breathed Jake. 'It's only for a few hours, I'll see you in the morning' promised Y/n. Jake leaned in slowly and their lips connected. He kissed her so gently as if he was afraid she'd break. They could both sense the others becoming restless so they pulled away. 'I love you Y/n, if you need me just call' said Jake. 'I love you too and I know' said Y/n. Jake kissed her one last time before phasing and running into the forest. The Cullen's followed not long after. The full moon shone brightly in the sky.