Chapter 6 - Human Aphrodite

???'s POV

"What the hell are you two doing out here in the cold alleyway?" I asked the two homeless girls who were young but not too young.

The white-haired girl suddenly gasped and said, "Help us! Please..." she weakly cried.

I knelt down on their level. The other girl was unconscious. I can tell she's having hypothermia right now. Damn what happened to the both of them?

I placed my hand on her chest to indicate if she's still alive or not. Her heart was still beating, meaning she was still alive. But I could tell she's almost dead. I really have to save her.

I sighed and told the, wait, she's a hybrid isn't she? Well forget about that, I told her,

"Turn right, you will see my apartment. It's just on the ground floor." I gave her my keys and she obeys what I said. I carried the unconscious girl and took her there.

As we come in my apartment, I lay the unconscious girl on the sofa and turned the heater on to 73 degrees Fahrenheit.

"Is she dead?" She sobs.

"No, but she's in a critical condition right now. I think I have to take her to the hospital."

"Please do!" She suddenly begs on her knees crying. "Take her please...."

I sighed as I felt bad for her. "Fine, but you're gonna have to tell me what happened to the both of you once we go there."

I quickly took her to the hospital with the hybrid, in the emergency room to be exact. I saw the hybrid waiting outside, crying. I sat beside her and petted her ears.

"What exactly happened?" I asked her.

Rosé's POV

I told her the whole story. I couldn't stop crying because of how worried I am for Lisa. The beautiful woman just patted my back, trying to calm me down.

"It's okay, I understand. You can live in my apartment for a while." She sweetly says. I purr in her touch. She's just like mommy, she's also sweet and caring. "I'm Bae Joohyun by the way, but you can call me Irene."

"I wanna call you Baebae..."

"Well, Baebae then." She pets my ears which caused me to purr louder.

The doctor suddenly got out of the curtains and said, "Miss, apparently, your patient is diagnosed with severe hypothermia, which means there's a big chance of her dying, but don't worry, there's still a 20% chance of her surviving."

"C-can we see her?" I asked him.

"Sure, you can only visit her for 10 minutes. We'll tell you when your time is up." I quickly went inside the curtains, seeing Lisa on a hospital bed, unconscious. I sat beside her and held her hand.

"Mommy.... Please live....." I cried.

"You call her mommy?" Baebae asked me. I nodded. "Oh, okay, not to be rude but I respect."

I kissed her hand and even rubbed it. "Mommy, this is all my fault you're here. I'm so sorry.... I'm such a horrible and self-centered person that I even lead you to death. I think I'm the one who deserves to die.

"Oh, dear." Baebae sat beside me and rubbed my shoulders. "Don't say that, you're not a horrible person. Both of you must've been through a lot. In conclusion, you're just the same." I sobbed even more after hearing Irene's words. "It's okay, she will live, I promise you. There's still a 20% chance."

"But that's too few."

"I know, but at least there's still chance."

After 10 minutes, we were told to leave already. Just as we're about to leave, I heard words behind me.

"Rosé......" I heard a familiar weak voice behind me. "Please don't go....."

I turned around, seeing my mommy speak.

"M-mommy?" I muttered.

"Rosé.... I'm scared..... I don't wanna die..... I wanna spend the rest of my life with you...."

I suddenly gasped as I quickly ran outside to tell the doctor, "Doctor she's talking!" Their attention suddenly turned to mine and went inside her curtains.

"Really, what did she say?" The doctor asks me.

"She said she doesn't want me to leave, right mo-, Lisa?" I turned to her and saw her mouth moving a little. "Lisa, can you talk?"

After 10 seconds, there was no response. "Lisa?"

"What are you talking about, hybrid?" The doctor asks me.

"B-but she talked a while ago, her mouth moved! I promise she said she doesn't want me to leave her side!" I kept crying out.

I quickly turned back to Lisa and shouted, "Lisa! Say something! Please!" I cried even more. I could tell how swollen my eyes are getting because I kept crying in each situation.

"Hey, she's not saying anything. You don't even have any proof."

"I do! I really do have proof! Please just let me stay here until she wakes up!"

"I'm really sorry but it's part of our rules. Visitors are only allowed to visit their patients for 10 minutes. And 10 minutes is already done for you. If you won't get out of this hospital I'm afraid we won't let you in to visit the patient for one whole month."

I suddenly became speechless. I couldn't even say anything. I really have no choice. I'm sorry Lisa....

Baebae held my hand and said, "Come on Rosé, we have to go." Just as I was about to stand up, I felt a hand grabbing behind me, which caused me to gasp. "Rosé?" I turned around to see Lisa's eyes opened, looking at me with fear.

"Lisa......" Tears suddenly falling through my eyes. "You're alive......"

"I'm scared.... Please stay with me, Rosé..."

Irene suddenly let go of my hand and ran to the doctors.

"She really is alive!" She shouted.

Irene's POV

"Please, at least let the hybrid stay with her, the patient said she's scared and she doesn't want her hybrid to leave her!"  I begged the doctor.

"Miss....."

"I have proof, please come...." I grabbed his hand and took him to the curtains. Rosé was crying while laying down beside, Lisa I think. Lisa was gently petting her ears which is causing Rosé to purr.

I was right, she was going to survive. Is this a miracle? This is weird, the doctor said she was diagnosed with severe hypothermia. But I think it was just moderate hypothermia. Because severe hypothermia won't make her wake up for weeks.

"Guess I was wrong..." the doctor said. "She just has moderate hypothermia. What a stupid doctor I am."

"You're not stupid, you're just wrong about your diagnosis." I assured him.

"Baebae..." Rosé called me, now her worried face turned to a face full of joy, her tail was swishing side to side happily. "Thank you so much, Human Aphrodite...."

With her words, it was my first time hearing someone saying positive about me.