Chapter 7 Pt. 2 - We Meet Again

TW! Mentions of suicide, self-harm, underage drinking, death

Apparently, Joohyun is now in the hospital, getting scolded by her father while her mother was beside Y/N who was in a hospital bed. Joohyun told him the whole story about what happened earlier which made her father really mad. 

"Look what you did!" Her father slapped her. "You were so close with your little sister before, now what the hell happened?!" 

"Father, I'm sorry...." Joohyun apologized. "It's all my fault. I shouldn't have believed my schoolmates and teachers who said bad stuff about my sister. I became so selfish that I didn't want them to hurt me like that."

"Didn't you promised us that you and Y/N would get along forever when you were younger?!" Her mother shouted across the room. "Weren't you the one who said you'll support your sister no matter what?!"

Her parents were so disappointed with what Joohyun did in the past three years. Joohyun started to regret everything. Even her previous friends, who didn't really have a problem with her little sister, heard about what happened to Y/N. And because of that, all of them unfriended Joohyun just because of that. Most of her students called her a murderer, even if they thought Y/N was already dead. 

Y/N was fatally injured when she got hit by a car. Her head was in a very critical condition that she was almost declared dead. It's been three months since the accident. Their parents were starting to lose hope of Y/N having a chance to live. Their patience was gradually decreasing, while their anger for Joohyun was gradually increasing. 

For the past three months, Joohyun started growing depressed because of the accident. She thought her parents hated her for what she did to Y/N. She thought the world was starting to turn their backs against her. Even Joohyun hated herself for what she did.

Joohyun tried to commit suicide several times. She had cut herself with a knife, bumped her head really hard against the wall, and even drank three bottles of alcohol. She was mad that she was still alive even if she tried killing herself. Now that it's winter, she had an idea on killing herself. 

She decided to run away from her house, without any sweater or warmer, only in thin clothes. She ended up in an alleyway, shivering because of the cold weather. As night came, the temperature grew lower. She wished she would die in her sleep through hypothermia. 

Not expecting anyone to save her, a lady spotted her unconscious body on the ground. 

One week has passed, Joohyun wakes up, in a hospital. She suddenly sat up and looked around, confusingly. 

"I'm not dead?!" Joohyun questioned herselfand looked at her hands.  

"Well you almost died." She heard a voice beside her. She turned to her right and saw a lady. She wasn't just an ordinary lady, she was also a hybrid. "Surprised to see a hybrid?" 

Joohyun frowned at the lady. "Wh-who are you?" She asked the hybrid. 

"I'm Kim Taeyeon, and I'm the one who saved you in the street last week." 

"Wh-what?! Why did you save me?! I was trying to kill myself and-" She just realized what she said. 

"You what?" Taeyeon questioned.

"I-I......" Joohyun stuttered. "It's a long story I don't want to explain!" Taeyeon sighed and hold Joohyun's hand. "Yah why are you holding my hand!" Joohyun suddenly pulled away. "I don't even know you!"

"Just giving you my trust." Taeyeon said. Joohyun's eyes suddenly grew wide. "Now, what's your name, my dear?"

Joohyun sighed before speaking. "Joohyun, Bae Joohyun."