eighteen

| retribution (n): punishment inflicted on someone as vengeance for a wrong or criminal act |

   TOKALA AND KLAUS arrived to the house that seemed to hold all the answers they were looking for. The place looked abandoned, just as Tokala remembered the First Powers telling him, and there wasn't anything around for miles on either side. Klaus shifted the car into park, and the two of them stepped out of the vehicle. It was just Klaus and Tokala here, even though Mavis had given them both hell for not inviting her along. However, she seemed to calm down when Klaus reminded her that Mercy would be extremely upset if something happened to her friend. Considering that they were walking into a fight with vampires, it was safer for her, Manuel, and Jordyn to stay behind and check in with the wolves at the bayou.

There were more and more werewolves arriving in New Orleans by the hour, all of them worried and bearing the same exact symbol on their skin. Eventually, their proximity to the city helped heal the welt, but they were all ready to go to war. In fact, they didn't care that Klaus was telling them to wait—they wanted to run through the streets of New Orleans and kill every vampire that stumbled across their path. It had, of course, been Jordyn to calm them down, and with the help of Mavis and Manuel, the wolves were somewhat under control until further notice.

Tokala and Klaus stood side by side, a strange look to those that knew them. There was a determination in their faces as they glanced around, prepared for anything to come their way.

"So this is the place Freya sent you?" Tokala asked, just for extra measure. He didn't have to look at Klaus to know that the man was nodding.

"Yes, the locator spell went off like a beacon," he replied, already walking in the direction of the house when Tokala abruptly stopped him with a hand on his shoulder. Growling slightly, Klaus glared at the boy. "What?"

"There are wolves here," he said quietly, his eyes transfixed on the moving shadows around the house and in between the trees. There had to have been around thirty of them all together, and he knew they weren't werewolves since the sun was still high in the sky. They stalked the grounds, snapping and snarling at seemingly nothing. However, they never passed the line of the driveway leading up to the house, and Tokala understood why the wolves weren't jumping to action. "The barrier spell around the house... It's keeping them out too."

Klaus clenched his jaw, but he knew that they had little time to waste after figuring out that the boy Hope had run off with was, in fact, Greta's son. Now, both of his daughters were in danger, and there was no telling what other atrocities they had committed against Hayley.

With a silent nod toward one another, the two of them started walking up to the house. Klaus was in front of Tokala, and just when the werewolf boy opened his mouth to say something, a hand latched onto his chin and twisted, breaking his neck swiftly. His body dropped to the floor, and Klaus turned at the sound, jaw falling open slightly when he saw who was standing there. He could hear the return of the whispers that usually accompanied the Hollow, and his eyes easily showcased how confused he was at his brother being here.