thirty-three

| side effects (n): a secondary, typically undesirable effect of a drug or medical treatment |

JORDYN MOVED HER hair away from her neck, gasping at the way that the small mark healed so quickly in the mirror. She knew that being a hybrid meant no more pesky after-marks, but it didn't mean that she was any less surprised by it.

"You know, just because it goes away doesn't mean you should put them there in the first place," Jordyn quipped, brushing her fingers against the smooth spot that once sported the dark bruise. "It's ungentlemanly of you."

She could see his reflection in the mirror, and it was a clear view of his smirk as he slipped on a new shirt. Jordyn had accidentally ripped the last one when the two of them were attacking one another in a battle of dominance and lust. She was still getting used to this newfound strength, and the two hybrids may or may not have broken the bed as well.

Obviously, Nik was incredibly happy that she was alive.

Jordyn was happy too—more so than she probably ever had been—but there was still an uncomfortable feeling being in this new body. Like with her strength, Jordyn was constantly forgetting that she needed to drink blood to survive now. It was a weird experience altogether, but with Nik's help, she'd been managing the transition well enough. It certainly was a plus that every time Nik touched her, it felt like the first moment he ever did so.

Her reaction was to jump his bones, but it wasn't like he was complaining.

He came up from behind her, lazily wrapping his arms around her waist. "I thought it was one of my best works," he commented on the mark that had just finished healing, and Jordyn raised an eyebrow at him in the mirror. However, she couldn't stop the smile on her face even if she wanted to.

Maybe this hybrid state could be a good thing.

"Hm," Jordyn tapped her fingertip against her chin. "I'd give it a solid six."

"A six?" He asked, raising his eyebrows in surprise, and Jordyn giggled at the expression.

"Yep," she replied, turning around so that she could face him. She couldn't help herself and began playing with the buttons of his new shirt. "I'm sure you could do better."

"Oh, really?" He asked, a wicked grin on his face. Jordyn laughed as he picked her up and threw her to the bed. She bounced on the mattress, giggling still at his face while he climbed over her. "Well, I'm certain I can make it up to you."

Jordyn wanted to stay there, with him, until the end of time. Although, she knew that was impossible with the state of the Mikaelson family being as crazy as it was currently. Instead of giving in to the wild fantasies plaguing her mind, she pushed him away, sighing softly. "We should check on everyone else."