twenty

| manipulation (n): the action of manipulating something or someone in a skillful manner |

   JORDYN HAD BEEN out of the loop as of late, and she was extremely annoyed with Klaus. The man had basically locked her in room after room. Although Jordyn wasn't exactly keen on getting involved in the New Orleans fight—especially considering that she was only really strong on the full moon—she was sick and tired of being carted around more like luggage instead of a person. She knew that Mercy was safe, as well as Hope and Hayley, so she hadn't started any arguments with Klaus since she knew how worried he'd been. But Jordyn was getting cabin fever, and if she stayed inside of a room any longer—whether that was at a hotel or the Abattoir—she was sure she'd lose her mind.

She knew that Klaus was gone, probably plotting world domination as a hobby, and she needed to take her mind off of all the craziness that she'd stepped into since they all came to this city. Getting ready, Jordyn gathered her things and headed toward the bayou; maybe she could get some details from Tokala, considering that the werewolf would know more than she did. She left without too much trouble, the Abattoir being the quietest it's ever been since Jordyn started staying there.

It wasn't long before she had driven to the bayou, stepping out of the rental car and taking a deep breath to center herself. She had never been in the bayou before, but she was a relatively good navigator, so she hoped she would be able to find her way. Not only that, but from the few things she's been told by Klaus, there were more werewolves in the bayou than ever in New Orleans history. Jordyn suspected that so many people would eventually be easy to find if she knew she was looking for them.

So she set out, thinking quietly to herself as she did so. She was worried about Mercy—especially after what had happened with Greta—and her worry automatically filtered to Klaus because of it. The man she cared for so much had a habit of making himself responsible for all the horror that Mercy was going through, despite not being at fault whatsoever. He couldn't control the vampire terrorists that were so convinced hybrids would bring about their downfall, and he certainly couldn't control Mercy. Jordyn knew that first-hand after taking care of the girl on her own. Mercy was too hard-headed to be controlled by anyone, even her father.

As far as Jordyn knew, Mercy was resting after being brought back to the Abattoir. Jordyn was concerned just as Klaus was, but she usually had a much more calmer way of dealing with her emotions. It was the entire reason why she was able to help manage Klaus's constant mood-swings. It was also the entire reason why her relationship with the hybrid worked at all. She was always the one balancing him out, keeping him focused and on-track.

This was precisely why she felt so annoyed with Klaus's lack of trust in her now. He wasn't telling her a lot of what was happening in New Orleans—probably believing that he was protecting her by withholding the information. However, Jordyn wasn't one to sit on the sidelines and wait for everyone to kill the Mikaelsons during such a tumultuous time in Mercy's life. She wanted to help in any way possible, to provide both Mercy and Klaus with empathy and helpfulness.