✎chapter²⁶

"can we talk" wooyoung asked his parents, who were at the living room.

"where were you? did you see the time?" his dad scolded him and wooyoung resisted the urge to roll his eyes.

"i just want to talk" he tried his best to not get angry.

"okay, fine. sit down." his mom said.

"um, shitthisissoawkward" he mumbled, he didn't know it would be this hard to talk to his own parents.

maybe if they had been more understanding, friendlier.. he wouldn't be so uncomfortable right now.

"what is it?" his father asked. wooyoung took a deep breath in.

'you are going to study hard and become my successor!' father told me..

expectations.. they always had high expectations for me.

it's not that they didn't care about me.. they didn't care about my feelings.

my childhood wasn't abusive, nor was it peaceful. i don't really remember much. all i remember was being forced to study all the time.

and whenever i did something they didn't like, they would scold me. they would ground me for a week.

when i told them i was interested in dancing, their looks of disapproval immediately stopped me from going on about it any further.

but this was the younger me. now im almost 17. in a year ill be an adult, it's high time that i get to decide what i want.

"i don't want to become your successor, im not interested in your company" he said.

one step at a time.

they stared at him in disbelief. he wasn't even halfway through with what he really wanted to convey. and they already look ready to ground him for a year.

"no, stop. im not done. i love dancing and i want to become a dancer. that is what ill do. from now on, ill follow my own path."

"wooyoung, how dare you? after all that we've done for you, this is how you repay us? by betrayal?" his father asked, looking very upset.

wooyoung's heart broke.

"no you don't get it!! this is my life, not yours. im not your puppet for you to control me. treat me like your son, not like your successor! is it so hard to understand-"

wooyoung was cut off when his head was forcefully turned to the side as a loud slap echoed across the room.

"go to your room and study for your upcoming exams, jung wooyoung. enough of this bullshit." his father shouted.

wooyoung could not believe this. he refused to believe how cruel his own father was being. he tried his very best to stay calm and pour out his feelings.

and his father.. just dismissed it. his feelings meant nothing to them.

"im literally so done with you. so, so done." wooyoung screamed. his father was about to hit him again until his mother stopped it.

"enough is enough. go to bed you two, we'll discuss this tomorrow"

"yeah, tomorrow my ass. it isn't going to change anything, you will continue to invalidate my feelings and we will start arguing all over again.
forget it, im done trying. ill do whatever i want, I don't care whether i have your approval or not." he said, slamming the door of his bedroom shut leaving his parents speechless.

tears of frustration rolled down his cheeks. he was upset, angry, hurt. his emotions were a mess.

he felt so alone. he didn't even want to talk to his best friend.

he wanted to fix himself. he wanted to be better. he thought he should start off by mending the relationship with his parents.

he was so wrong on that part, and he learnt it the hard way.

------------------------------------✂