✎chapter²⁹

"hey, (y/n)!" he smiled at her, waiting outside her house.

"what do you want?" she asked him, expression cold.

"just thought we could walk to school.. together?" wooyoung sheepishly smiled.

"no." she said, walking away.

"san, what if she refuses?" wooyoung asked.

"then leave." he stated.

"but.. am i not supposed to go behind her, like, fight for her?" he questioned.

"wooyoung-ah. listen, when she says no, it's a no. respect her wishes."

wooyoung decided to listen and not be stubborn. so he pouted slightly and left her.

'why am i feeling disappointed that he left- focus, (y/n)! he is not the one!' she mentally scolded herself.

let's be honest, how can anyone expect her to move on from someone she's been head over heels for from the age of seven?

she tries her best everyday and every night. she tries to erase his eyes, his nose, his lips, his voice.. the way his eyes crinkle when he smiles.. the way his high pitched laughter sends butterflies in her body..when he runs his hands through his hair while he's annoyed..

on their first day of middle school, wooyoung and (y/n) walked together.

one of them was happy about it, while the other sulked all the way till they reached their destination.

he couldn't do anything, as their parents 'forced' them to walk there together, as a way to teach them to do things on their own.

"listen, i don't want to be seen together with you. don't want my friends from elementary school to think i'm weird too." he glared at (y/n).

"fine." she pouted, walking ahead of him.

suddenly, she felt his hand brush hers. shocked, she looked at him, only to find him looking pale.

"what's wrong?"

"t-there was a spider on me, i brushed it off but is it still there?" he asked, voice trembling.

"nope, i see nothing, it's okay woo." she smiled after taking a look at him.

"ahh okay, thanks.. whatever. don't call me that by the way." he said. his cheeks burned red from embarassment.

so he walked ahead this time while (y/n) chuckled silently.

'god he was so cute back then' (y/n) thought, staring up at the ceiling of her room.

"if only he wasn't such an asshole though.." she sighed.

she looked through her window, at his house. the lights in his room were on.

it was three in the morning, and (y/n) couldn't help but wonder if he had trouble sleeping too, just like her.

---------------------------------------✂