✎chapter³⁴

when wooyoung heard that jaehyun was her prom date, he began to feel all sorts of negative emotions. to be more specific, jealousy.

he came to the park to clear his mind, like he always does. prom was the least of his interests, now that (y/n) got a date who wasn't him.

his heart skipped a beat when he saw her. she was always pretty and is pretty. but there was something about that outfit, it was made for her, he thought. he found her extra pretty today, and he didn't think he could crush on her more than this.

he stared at her for a little longer, and finally realised that she looked sad, and he frowned after noticing it.

"(y/n)?"

"wooyoung? what are you doing here?"

"i should be asking you that," wooyoung said, sitting on the opposite bench.

"i thought you're attending the prom" he said, barely managing to hide the confusion and worry in his voice.

"well, guess im not going anymore" (y/n) faked a smile, avoiding eye contact.

"hey, what's wrong?" he asked, after a moment of hesitation. he didn't want to make her uncomfortable or any more sadder than she already is.

(y/n) looked at him for a moment, taking a sharp breath in.

"please don't ask me im afraid that i won't be able to hold it in" she spoke fast, inhaling again after her vision started to blur.

wooyoung got up from his bench and sat next to her, leaving enough space to avoid any discomfort for her. it didn't take him long to figure out what had happened.

"it's fine if you want to cry, ill leave if you want.. but ill also stay, if you want." he said, obviously embarassed to show that he cared about anyone but himself. he was terrible at expressing his feelings and he knew it.

tears dropped from her eyes, it was impossible for her to hold it in. light sobs escaped from her lips, as she wiped her tears. wooyoung didn't say or do anything, he just sat in silence, looking at the stars. he knew she didn't like crying infront of people.

after a few minutes, she was done. just a few sniffles here and there, but she felt a little better.

"so, wanna tell me what happened?" wooyoung asked, throwing her a glance to make sure she was stable enough to talk it out.

"jaehyun stood me up" she said. wooyoung's eyes widened, he clenched his jaw in anger.

"asshole. totally his loss." he muttered angrily. (y/n) looked at him in surprise.

"why does that make you mad?" she asked genuinely. wooyoung blushed, avoiding eye contact.

"w-well, for obvious reasons.. you know, i wanted to be your prom date. of course, i didn't expect you to go there with me, but i couldn't even ask because he beat me to it." he said. (y/n) stared at him in surprise.

she dreamt of wooyoung being her prom date for years. she remembered the days where she practiced infront of the mirror, thinking of different ways to ask him out.

"and well, he hurt you. so obviously that makes me mad." he finished, his face red.

"oh.." she didn't know what to say. wooyoung panicked internally for saying too much.

"thank you," she smiled at wooyoung.

"i'm sorry for that.." she mumbled.

"why are you sorry?" he asked, looking at her.

"for crying, and if i ever made you uncomfortable"

"oh, you did not. it's okay." he said. (y/n) was surprised, truly. she always knew that deep down, jung wooyoung was not who he seemed to be, but never saw this coming.

"well, it's still not too late, you know." wooyoung said, looking at the time displayed on the lockscreen of his phone.

"hm?" (y/n) tilted her head in confusion.

'cute' wooyoung blushed a little before saying,

"you can still go to prom, who cares about that jerk? you're too good for him, or anyone to be honest. not implying that you should be alone but you know, you're still amazing, i mean-"

"wooyoung"

he stopped blabbering and looked at her.

"do you wanna go to prom together?"

"huh?!"

-------------------------------------------✂