✎chapter³⁹

"where are we going?" (y/n) asked, getting into his car.

"you'll see" wooyoung responded, securing her seatbelt. their proximity made her blush slightly, eyes darting everywhere except towards him.

"not a big fan of surprises, woo" she pouted, eliciting a soft chuckle from his lips.

"you'll love it... i think" he added, with a hint of nervousness.

"you think?" (y/n) giggled.

the urge to hold his hand is strong.

she refrains herself from doing so.

the drive was blanketed with comfortable silence, (y/n) occasionally humming tunes playing on the radio. wooyoung, subtly and yet not so subtly, stole glances at her.

"we're here" he announced, stopping by what seemed to be an abandoned park.

"where are we?" (y/n) asked, stepping out before wooyoung could open the door for her.

"i wanted to open it for you" wooyoung mumbled.

(y/n) just shook her head playfully, calling him childish, all the while internally screaming at how adorable he was being.

"it's a park, well, im guessing an abandoned one. i haven't seen anyone here, i thought it would be perfect for this"

"perfect for what?" (y/n) asked.

"follow me" he said, leading her further into the area.

sure, she did have her own set of imaginations creating scenario after scenario over what the guy she was so smitten for has done. and one of the variables figured this out. and yet, it still couldn't compare to what was right infront of her.

"it might not be much.. and im sorry im late, i couldn't finish it on time" he apologized, tone laced with a hint of worry.

golden fairy lights hung over the lower branches of the trees, and a blanket on the grass filled with various delicacies. her eyes scanned over the beauty of it all, till it fixated on the boy beside her.

"how..?" she wondered out loud.

"i got help, from your friends and sannie.. couldn't do it all by myself. i discovered this place a few months back and i have been wanting to come here with you.." wooyoung confessed.

"i love it" this time she couldn't help herself.

she intertwined her fingers with his, sending tingles down his spine. one small touch was all it took for the butterflies in his stomach to flutter.

he gave her hand a gentle squeeze, and (y/n) felt like she had never been so warm before.

they spent the next few hours eating, talking, looking at the stars, and looking at eachother.

------------------------------------------------✂