✎chapter³³

"you look beautiful, sweetheart" (y/n)'s mom told her.

"look at our daughter, all grown up!" her dad wiped his fake tears.

"oh stop, you two!" (y/n) said, embarassed.

honestly, she has never felt so pretty before. she smiled at her reflection in the mirror one last time before grabbing her bag and leaving the room.

"he should be here any minute now!" (y/n) told her parents excitedly.

"i always thought i'd see you go with wooyoung, but this is fine i guess." her mom said, failing to hide the disappointment in her voice.

"mom, really?" (y/n) rolled her eyes. it had been her dream for years to attend prom with the guy she's always dreamt about.

but dreams do change. and they don't always come true, even if you wish for it a thousand times.

brushing off the negative thoughts, she focused on the bigger picture. she was really excited for the prom. and although it's not wooyoung, she's going with someone who treated her way better than wooyoung ever did, so she's glad in a way.

.
.
.

or so she thought. it had been an hour since the time jaehyun was supposed to come. she looked at the last message she texted him, 15 minutes ago.

when she noticed that jaehyun was running late already, she lied saying he was waiting for her in the nearby street and walked out. and now she's in her favourite spot, the park near her street.

sitting on the bench, she sighed, checking her phone again.

[text]
mom : how is the prom, (y/n)? hope you're having fun, be safe!
(y/n) : it's amazing, mom! ill text you later <3

she didn't want her parents feeling bad for her. she sent texts to yunho and mingi saying she would be running late, without mentioning jaehyun.

"don't cry, (y/n). don't, don't, don't." she told herself countless times, inhaling her tears in everytime it formed.

"(y/n)?"

"wooyoung? what are you doing here?"

------------------------------------------✂