✎chapter¹²

"wooyoung, are you ready?" called his mom.

"yes" he sulked.

"come on, why are you so down? it's your best friend's birthday!" his dad said.

"she's not my best friend.." he mumbled but they didn't bother to hear.

||

after the birthday song was sung and gifts were given, (y/n) went to her room.

"happy birthday, (y/n)! i can't believe you're 16 haha"

"yep, im older than you. i want this day to be over, (f/n). all these new people, they're making me anxious. they keep asking about my grades."

"all they ever care about is the marks" she sighed.

"yes" (y/n) rolled her eyes.

"hey, i gotta go. i'll text you later, bye" she hung up.

(y/n) didn't want to go outside. she didn't know most of the people there. a few of her classmates came, but she had never really talked with them. on the bright side, she was really happy to see wooyoung. he's the only reason she doesn't feel like her day is ruined.

when (y/n) blew out the candles, she made a wish.

"please let me and wooyoung be friends"

everyone knew jung wooyoung. one of the most hottest boys in her school. many fall for his looks and the way he plays basketball. he always looked so cool. but (y/n) sometimes could see the sadness in his eyes

when he was alone, he looked lost. always seemed to be deep in thought. yes, (y/n) had the biggest crush on him. but more than dating him, she wanted to let him know that she was there for him.

she was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't notice the door of her room open.

"wooyoung?" she asked.

he rolled his eyes, closing the door and inviting himself to her bed. he took out his phone and started playing games.

"w-what are you doing here?" she asked.

wooyoung sighed. "listen, i really don't like talking to strangers. and my parents won't let me go home. let me just stay here for sometime"

"okay" she said.

after a few moments of awkward silence, wooyoung finally broke it. he took out something from his pocket and gave it to her.

"what's this?" she asked, looking at the gold heart shaped earrings.

"i don't know. they got it and told me to give to you. i would never buy you something" he rolled his eyes.

"thank you" she smiled, putting them on.

even if wooyoung was always rude to her, she was glad that she got to know him. and even though these weren't gifted by him, she was happy.

---------------✂