slender woman

Hey everyone! I'm back. I'm sorry for the long wait but here's another chapter. This one was actually a request, I'm sorry if it isn't quite what you wanted.

_-_-_-_-

I ran into the woods, tears on my face. I couldn't take anymore. All I brought with me was a bag full of essential items. I was running away, and I was never going back.

I know the woods are dangerous. I know I might not survive in here. But I couldn't stay there anymore. My so called home was my biggest nightmare. The woods have always been my safe place, even if they were deadly dangerous.

I make it to the small clearing I often go to when I'm stressed. It has a nice freshwater lake, and a cave next to it. I make my way to the cave, being cautious of my surroundings. As I make it to the cave the moving figure in the woods didn't go unnoticed.

I make myself comfortable on the bed I had made over the years of visiting the cave. It was mostly leaves and such, but it was still somewhat comfy. I felt a wave of exhaustion rush over me. Must be from all the running and crying.

A little nap wouldn't hurt.

Time skip

"Wake up"
"Wake. Up."

I bolt up into a sitting position. I look around the cave, remembering yesterdays events. I grab my bag and take an apple out to eat for breakfast. I sit there and eat slowly. There isn't anything I really need to do at the moment so I'm in no hurry.

Once I finish my breakfast I decide to fish for lunch. The food that I brought could last me a couple of days, but I want to save that instead of waste it.

I look at the old spear I made a few years back and decide to make a new one. It's old and grimey, and I don't want to get sick because I infected the fish. So I set out to find a small tree or a nice tree branch to use.

I don't want to go very far so I circle the clearing. After about an hour or so I find a nice branch. I climb the tree, slowly and carefully. Once I make it to the branch I hug the tree and start sawing it off with a hatchet I brought with me.

It take me about ten minutes to get the branch off. I almost fall off of the tree, but manage to hold on. I climb down carefully and drag the branch to the clearing. I strip the bark off of the branch and get rid of the little twigs and whatnot.

Time skip

Once I get the branch into a spear shape I try it out and am satisfied with my work. I save the remains of the branch for a fire. I spear a few fish and skin them. I make a fire and cook the fish.

By the time the fish are done it's mid afternoon. Not that I mind, I enjoyed today. I was able to keep myself busy. I eat the fish and am surprised by the taste. I've never had fish before, so this is new.

I wrap the rest of the fish in leaves and get ready for bed. I lay down and realize that for the first time in a long time I was full. For the first time in a while I enjoyed my day. I don't regret leaving.

Time skip

It's been about a week since I ran away. I am thriving. I managed to find some berries that were safe to eat. I also found a beehive. I was able to get a decent amount of honey from it. I only got stung once..maybe twice.

I've noticed a tall figure has been lurking in the trees. It was just a rare spotting at first, but it's started to get more frequent. It seems to follow me wherever I go. It's slightly annoying, due to the fact that it scares all the animals away.

But it's also slightly terrifying. Ever since it's started appearing more, I've found dead animals and blood trails that end with no bodies. And there's been a couple of times I've seen human corpses. I didn't sleep once I found them.