Eyeless Jack

Here we go..

---------

I was walking home from work. It was around 2 in the morning, I had walked to work instead of driving so I couldn't drive home even if I wanted to. Ofcourse I didn't want to. It was a perfect peaceful night for walking.

I made it home and changed into my pjs. Then, ofcourse, I got something to eat. If I don't eat after a long day, I'm a demon until I get food.

Halfway done with my food though, I'm interrupted by the sound of my livingroom window breaking."YOU'RE PAYING FOR THAT!" I scream as I make my way out of the kitchen.

Once I get there I'm greeted with the sight of my broken window, and a man in dark clothes and a dark blue mask."Who ARE you?" I ask. "Why are you awake?" He questioned. "I asked first." "So?" "SO, i'm not answering ANYTHING until you explain who you are, and why you broke my window."

He was silent. "Okay! Fine.." he gave in. "My name is Eyeless Jack, I WAS just going to break in, take a kidney or two, then leave..buuut..obviously THAT didn't happen." He whispered that last part, I heard ofcourse, but paid no mind to it.

"So, you're a wanted murderer/serial killer, you broke in here to kill me, and now you're talking to me like this is normal." I say making sure I had the facts right. "Yeah, pretty much."

"You're still replacing that window." I say, going back to finish my food. "Wait! You're not gonna tell anyone about this, right?" He asked, sounding paranoid. "Not if you fix the window. Fix the window and nobody knows nothin'.". By then I had finished my snack. "Now if you will excuse me, I'm going to sleep."

As he climbed out the window, I placed a board over it to keep the wind out until it was fixed. I then went upstairs, brushed my teeth, and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few weeks since the window incident. Jack had made it a nightly routine to come and chat with me after work, so ofcourse after the window was fixed I just left it unlocked so he could get in.

As I got home however, I see Jack is already there. "Oh, um hi?" He says, sounding nervous. "What're you doing? You didn't break anything did you? Are you okay?" I ask, confused on why he's so early.

"Well..umm..I.." he stutters as he leads me to the kitchen. What I see amazes me. Not only did he make me food, but he baked me a cake! And I dunno if this is normal or not, but never on any occasion, have I ever received a cake by a guy. Especially not one he baked himself. And trust me, with the sloppy and rushed decorations, I knew it was his.

I ate my food, which had a little bit of a different taste, but I'm pretty sure that because of the blood he probably had on his hands while making it. Then, I went to investigate the cake.

It wasn't too detailed. It was plain really. A solid color with bubbles of sprinkles. He literally put the sprinkles in bubble-shaped groups. He must've spent a while making this, because for a beginner, this looks amazing.

As I inspect the cake, I can't help but notice the masked man who was staring at me. "What?" I ask. "Nothing, how does it look? It probably looks better than it's going to taste." He says, doubting his own work.

"Well, even if it tastes bad-that is IF- then I can still say you did a good job. It looks amazing by the way." I say, putting it in the fridge for later. "So, what's the special occasion anyway? I mean, it's not very normal to receive gifts from a cannibal murderer.".

As we both find something to watch on Netflix, he goes silent. "I umm.. actually, just.. forget it I'm just.. being dumb." He says looking away. "Hey, don't say things like that." I say, putting the remote down and grabbing his hands.

He turned back to me. "If I show you my face, promise not to tell, or freak out?" He asks, his voice barely over a whisper. "I promise." I say. He hesitantly removes his mask to reveal his gray skin, and empty sockets.

I blush lightly as I took in his facial features. "So this is the face of the man I've been talking to for the last month." I say, a small smile appearing on my face.

"Your.. not scared?" He perks up slightly. "Why would I be? You're the nicest person I've met in years!" I exclaim. He chuckles, "well, that's 1 down, one to go." He says to himself. "You okay?" He realizes I heard him. "Yeah, I've got a question though.." I face him fully. "Ok, go for it." He takes a deep breath. "If I told you I loved you, would you feel the same?" He asked, putting both hands on either side of my face.

I blush harder. "I..you..wha?" I stutter.
"You heard me." He says, pulling me closer. Before I can respond however, I'm interrupted by his lips on mine. As suddenly as they were there, they were gone.

"S-sorry." He looks guilty. "Oh shut up." I say before kissing him. I pull away slowly. "So.. your not mad?" I laugh. "Why would I be?" He doesn't respond. Instead he just turns the tv on.

And that's what we did the rest of the night. We watched tv, snacks ofcourse, and the occasional kiss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, how was it? I won't blame you if you don't like it. But, theres the first chapter.