(😏) Xolo Maridueña

Not-So-Block Party 2

Your POV

Anytime our High School won any event, and I do mean ANY event- the whole neighborhood threw a party.

We had a close-knit community so everyone knew everyone. Both good and bad things when you come to the realization that it means everyone is in your business. I mean I grew up with most of these kids. Everyone knew who liked who, who hated who, all the drama.

Tonight though? 

Was about the celebration of the last 17 or 18 years of our lives. The biggest win of all for us right now. Graduation.

Class of (Insert graduation year here lmao)

Me and My best friend Xolo finally get to say goodbye to high school and hello to a year of freedom.

We decided to take a year off.  He needed a break and I wanted to travel so we saved enough money to visit Malta

(Okay I highly suggest yall google countries of the world and look at all the places you don't recoginze. I have a project for next month and I swear I wish I chose Malta)

Chillin on the beach,  Visiting the historics, great food?

It was a dream come true. A dream waiting for me 1 week from now.

"Daydream much?" Xolo bumps my shoulder and smiles at me before sitting down.

"You can tell how desperate I am to get away?" I laughed, going for a drink of my tea.

"Sheesh" he let out. Sighing as if something was on his mind.

"What's wrong Xo?"

"We really grew up fast. It sucks." he placed his head on my shoulder.

I wrapped my arms around him, putting my head atop his.

"At least we grew together. We really saw the best and worst versions of each other all our lives."

"Oh! Remember when we participated in the ditch day in 8th grade." His eyes stared into mine.

I swear i thought i saw them twinkle.

"OOH! Or when we both dyed our hair bright green cuz we lost the school-sanctioned prank war"

"BRO I CANT BELIEVE WE LOST FIRST ROUND" His head popped up as he began to roar in laughter.

"I cant believe we were the ones who go ourselves out." I shook my head. I was so embarrassed that day but looking back, its funny as hell.

"Green def was your color though." I added it.

"Remember the first day we met?"

I looked down, smile growing on my face as i reminisce over our first encounter.

●~Flash Back~●

Age: 7

"Mommy... I don't wanna go." 7 y/o Yn cried to their mother.

First day of 2nd grade in a new school.

"Come on, it'll be fine. Theres Mrs. Vaughn. She'll help you okay?"

"Hi! Welcome, what grade are you in? " The principal asked.

You held up two fingers, shyly. Hidden behind your mom who gave your principal the info she needed.

"Ah.. seems your teachers are Ms. Powers and Mrs. Maridueña. Oh there's her son now. XOLO, sweetie come here."