(💕)Blackbear

WHERE LOYALTY LIES
requested by: daiaashe

(I was googling Blackbear's real name- it's Matthew but thats beside the point-

WHY TF DID I NOT KNOW THIS MAN IS FROM DAYTONA BEACH- THE ONE CITY IN MY STATE I FIND BORING AND BOOM.. THESE MFS BIRTHED A CELEB)
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

"Y/n! Can you come help me?" I shuffled over and out to the living room. "What Bear?"

I look and see my best friend struggling to get up. I looked over at his crutches. "Why do you move them so far away from you?" I shook my head and handed him the set of walking tools.

"It wasn't intentional, but that wasn't what I needed." He spoke. I sat them down beside him and then plopped onto the cushion next to him. I brought my feat up onto the chair, leaning on the arm rest.

"Oh okay.. what's the matter then?"

All of a sudden he was acting very... whiny. BUT NOT IN A BAD WAY.

"I wannntttttt" He droned.

"I dunno anymore" He was grinning from ear to ear.

"Bro you are so childish, scoot over man-child" I was careful to watch for his knee. He had torn a tendon last time we went to the gym and was still healing.

While he moved, I put my whole body onto the couch, my back against the arm rest and curled my legs up.

I could feel him staring at me now.

"Yes Matt?"

"Can I sit between your legs while you play with my hair?" He puppy-eyed me

"Dude what hair, your shit is shaved" I laughed.

"You're so mean" He playfully pouted as I rolled my eyes.

I move one leg to the side to make space for him to lay between them.

He gently brought his leg onto the couch and made his way back.

He had his head near my stomach as he slumped the rest of his body between my thighs.

I ran my hands over and through the spikes of his shaved hair.

"You are so lucky I don't hate you"

"Thank youuu" He smiled

~

After 15 minutes of this, I could tell Bear was getting sleepy.

"Need a nap? I can get up" I whispered to him.

But to my surprise, he shook his head.

Me and Bear have many things in common but the one thing we heavily honor is sleep.

So when he said he didn't want me to move so he could sleep peacefully.. well you can understand my shock.

He mumbled, half sleep. "Stay.. wanna cuddle... very warm and soft here"

I awed at him silently. This was the cutest thing I'd seen from him in weeks since his knee incident.

He really only focused on music so he could go back to the studio when he healed but with writers block kicking in, he was just in a slump.

I slouched down onto the couch, taking on of his throw pillows to rest my head on. Matthew's head was fully resting on my stomach at this point.

He could only lay on his back so I wrapped my arms around him loosely.

His arms sprawled out. One by our sides while one was up on my other arm, closer to the couch cushions.

I continued to run my hands over his hair... despite not having much he was still relaxed by it.

He began mumbling aloud

"Thank you for being here"

I smiled "You and I go way back Bear, I'll always be here."

"I envy the person you end updating"

My eyes went wide in amusement

"Don't be envious, I'll annoy yall both equally" My smile stayed.

"Not that, I feel bad that they have to deal with that" He chuckled.

His eyes opened as he tilted his head up to look at me

"I envy the fact that once they have you, I probably never will"

My eyebrows furrowed. What is he talking about

"You are one of the most solid people I know. You help me on a whim. Through every battle in my life, you cheered me on whether I won or lost"

I listened tentatively. "The person you get to date or marry? They...They get you. They get your loyalty, your beauty, your optimism, your goofy ass personality, your sarcastic digs at people."

"If they ever disregarded any of that shit about you, I'd fuck them up. I'm letting you know now." His face was serious but all I could do was laugh.

"Good to know you love me that much"

"I do. I really do." He motioned for me to lean down and so I did.

He moved his head to kiss my forehead, then laid back again. Leaving our foreheads touching.

Funny how this dummy doesn't know he's the only person on my worth dating list.

In time though..right?