strangers • ch. 2

hi! i was thinking that i would post every other day so i don't have to rush while i'm doing school or as soon as i'm done with homework..haven't decided yet tho. ps. sorry for not posting, lost track of time.. n e wayz. let's get on with the story ! 🥳

(lol i figured out how to change the font)

song: strangers - jonas brothers

____________________________________

nini was so excited. the only thing that was kinda a downer is that she couldn't sit with anyone of her friends. they were all going to sit with their significant others so she was alone in a window seat.

who knows, maybe she'll make a friend? maybe they're headed to the same place..we'll find out soon enough. (✨foreshadowing)

she put her carry-on in the overhead compartment. she parted ways with her friends a few minutes ago and found her seat. she's about mid-plane while her friends are upfront.

she sat with her bag laying in the space between the seat in front of her's and her own.

she saw a young man, around her age sit down next to her.

she didn't really acknowledge him at first. all she could see from the corner of her eye is that he had brown fluffy curly hair with blonde tips.

another thing she noticed is that those curls where absolutely adorable. but thinking of the fact she most likely was never going to see this young man again, she just took out her favorite book.

'the fault in our stars'

***

ricky didn't sit with his friends because they were sitting with their specials someone's and he didn't want to third wheel and gag.

he made his way mid-plane while his friends were farther back.

he sat down in the row noticing a girl with long brown hair with blonde like tips. similar to his own.

he put his bag in the over head been and sat down next to the girl with his bag laying on his lap.

they were up in the air now.

he mildly freaked out when her realized what book she was reading.

he's probably seen the movie about 37 time and read the book 100+

it's just so romantic and absolutely never fails to make him cry.

he debated on talking to the girl not wanting to interrupt her reading, but ultimately decided he should go for it.

"um, excuse..miss? but i couldn't help but notice that you're reading 'the fault in our stars'"

nini didn't expect to talk to this young man, but here he was talking to her.

she looked up and was met with debatably the most amazing eyes she's ever seen.

she quickly snapped out of it though and began to speak.

she laughed lightly "that i am..and also, don't call me 'miss' makes me sound old and im far from it"

he was was in shock. she was absolutely- drop. dead. gorgeous. like he's never seen anyone look so effortlessly perfect.

"hey, you good?" she snapped him out of a quick trance.

"um, yeah..sorry i- uh, got distracted..but since you don't go by miss, what do you go by..?".

"wouldn't you like to know" she said laughing.

"oh, never mind then" he faced the seat infront of his own.

she closed her book and faced him.

"im kidding, my name is nini"

he laughed nervously.

"um, sorry i'm not that good with talking to beautiful people- that was really straight forward wasn't it? um ok, but anyway nice to meet you, nini. im ricky".

they were both as red as a tomato.

"i'll let the comment slide since you're cute".

she laughed, "most beautiful sound, ever" might he add.

"im cute?" he asked with a smirk.

"that you are, ricky" she giggled in the slightest.

"but back to why i started talking to you in the first place..you were reading what happens to be my all time favorite book ever" ricky spoke.

"ah, a man with taste. it also happens to be my all time favorite book ever as well" she copied his words.

"im assuming you've watched the movie?" he asked fully facing her now.

"why of course i have, who hasn't?" she asked in a duh tone.

"umm, my entire friend group which consists of four other people" he laughed.

"as if we were meant to meet,my friend group also consists of four other people..and two couples. it's painful being a constant fifth wheel" she said scrunching her nose.

"that's so cute" he thought.

"dude, are you like my long lost best friend? because i felt that more then i should've" he said in a concerned tone.

she laughed.

"i repeat this again, i guess we were meant to meet kind sir".

"maybe so. where ya headed to?".

"la" she said shortly.

"would you look at that, im going there myself..i was forced by my father but i hope i'll have a good time anyway".

she laughed.

"this trip was a surprise from my best friends".

"same here, supposedly we're going to a week long music festival".

"no way, we're doing that too".

"you don't think-? nahhh" the said in unison.

***

the kept there conversation going the whole flight. there  wasn't any awkward pauses or anything similar to that. they just went with the flow and basically spilled there guts to each other, saying each of their whole life stories. which was very out of character for both of them.

they found out they both lived in slc, they were both hopeless romantics, they both adored hsm-3, and disney in general.

2 (seemingly) long hours later the pilot said they'd land soon.

ricky had never connected so quickly with someone in his 18 years of living. neither had nini. he didn't wanna let that slip so he's gonna shoot his shot here.

"um, sorry if this comes off to strong or something but i've never connected or felt so comfortable with someone this quickly and i don't really wanna lose the one person it's happened with so would you mind if we exchanged numbers?" he asked nervously

"this is way out of character for me but i agree"

they exchanged numbers and later parted ways with a hug.

boy we're they not ready for what was to come..
____________________________________
i was washing my hair the other day and was thinking about "the book of you & i" by alec benjiman and then i thought of hardin scott and was like.."imagine if you fall for someone and you documented every part of you falling and with that your whole love story included" cause that's what hardin did in 'after' or whatever..idk weird thought i had lol