same boat • ch. 8

i wanna say thank u for all the love on this book- like  w a w. THANK U!!  i dunno if this story is actually that good, but u guys seem to like it and i like writing it so here we are. enjoy! hope all is well! (longer chapter)

don't forget to comment, love talking w you guys!

song: same boat - lizzy mcalpine

___________________________________

nini and ricky woke up in tangled with each other.

they looked at each other awkwardly and then separated. the air was filled with awkward silence until nini spoke up.

"so, i guess we knocked out last night" she said taking her hair away from her face.

"i assume" he said stretching.

"what do you wanna do? it's ," she checked her phone. "11 o'clock, so we have a little over 7 hours till we have to go to the festival" she said facing him on the small recliner chair.

"how about...we watch movies?" he said in a hopeful tone.

"yes!" she said shooting up from the chair to grab the remote.

"ok, they have snacks downstairs, i can go get them while you pick a movie" she said with a smile, still looking for the remote.

"um, nini, you do realize you're in pj's right?" he said with a laugh.

she looked down, only to be faced with her shorts and an elephant shirt (a set), she became flushed. not many people (besides her best friends & moms) saw her in her sleeping apparel.

she doesn't even remember changing. the whole night was very coming of age movie type thing; also a blur.

"oh," she said clearing her throat. "can you go get the snacks?" she asked looking up at him.

"i dunno" he said, just to mess with her.

"please ricky? pleaseee" she said getting near him again. making big puppy dog eyes.

he knew he couldn't say no now. stupid beautiful eyes of her's.

"fiiine" he got up.

"yay!" she hugged him, tight.

he hugged back, they soon separated.

"why are you so touchy?" he asked, not in an annoyed way, but it certainly came across that way.

nini was dumbfounded, she thought he liked the affection.

the only way she knew how to show she cared was being affectionate and writing.

he struck a nerve for sure, and you could see it in her eyes.

"oh! no, i didn't mean it that way, sorry it came out like that" he said noticing the change in atmosphere.

she just nodded, not wanting to go deeper. she wasn't the best  at showing her emotions, or good at explaining how she felt.