XVII

"Okay, what just happened?"

Tony stares dumbfounded at the door. He turns around, eyeing the equally confused team behind him. The billionaire reaches into his pocket, his fingers grazing against the glass bottle. 

"Amelia just got arrested." Steve states, looking like a confused puppy as he does so, "And we got invited to her trial?"

"Well, we know one thing for certain," Natasha notes, "She knew they were coming for her, otherwise she wouldn't have given that bottle to you Stark."

"Can we talk about the fact that there are more people that can do that magic stuff?" Clint asks.

"Ah yes, Amelia told me about that when we were in her apartment. She mentioned that there were others." 

Tony looks at the god in confusion, "Wait, when were you in her apartment?"

"After our fall together in Loki's cage, she needed to heal herself."

"And you walked all the way to New York?" Bruce questions.

"No- it's complicated."

Natasha cuts him off, "It's no matter. You say she had magical things there?" At Thor's nod she continues, "Then I say we go over there and look for some clues, maybe we'll find something about one of those people on her list."

The redhead grabs the napkin from the table and inspects the names.

Steve stands up straighter, "Her apartment was hit during the battle, I'm not sure there will be much left of it." 

"We can always look." Natasha turns to Thor, "Do you remember the way?"

"No, I don't know where her house in the city is, she took me to another one." Thor voices, "And I'm not sure where that apartment is at the moment."

"She has a second apartment?"

"What do you mean 'at the moment?'"

The group gets interrupted by the sound of movement near the entrance. A red-brown owl flies through the still open door, hooting as it reaches the destination it had in mind: Thor's shoulder.

"Tyto my friend! I'm delighted to know that you were spared in this gruesome battle." The god says while stroking the bird on his head. The owl hoots, clearly enjoying the attention as Thor strokes between its feathers. 

"Okay, and when exactly did you befriend an owl? Is it from Asgard?"

"Don't be ridiculous man of Iron. We don't have this type of animal in Asgard. No, this is Amelia's friend. I met him when visiting lady Martin's house." Thor frowns, eyeing the bird "That makes me wonder, how did you get out?" 

"She has an owl as a pet." Tony states to himself, "Of course she does."

"The owl must have came out to look for her." Bruce concludes, "Maybe he can lead us back towards the apartment."

"Tyto?! Where did you go buddy?"

The team looks at the entrance where a befuddled figure appears. The lanky man leans against the door in fatigue. His breathing heavy and his clothes in a jumble. As he pushes his glasses further back onto his face, he notices the owl sitting upon an oddly dressed, muscled man's shoulder.

"Oh! I'm so sorry sir! He was flying too quick, I couldn't keep up with him."

Thor gave the man a bright smile, petting the bird as he does so, "It is no matter. Tyto is a friend of mine, I don't mind his companionship."