I

"Hoo hoooo."

An owl sits on an open window, looking into a simple but messy apartment. It is cool inside, a nice change from the burning heat that strikes New York on the second day of may. The owl leans forward, trying to get some of the cool air. 

"Hoo hoooo."

The owl hoots once more, becoming impatient by the lack of reaction. It makes his way inside. Stretching his wings only to close them when he reached a desk. The sound of crinkling paper fills the room, claws digging in the documents that all have the same symbol. It's a gold circle with a blue bird, a bird that most people wouldn't be able to name. A phoenix stands proud, like it should while representing a powerful organisation. 

"Hoo hoooo!"

A small groan fills the room followed by the ruffling of fabric. The owl looks to the owner of the sounds, hoping that he would be noticed. Unfortunately for the owl the woman laying in the bed turns around before continuing her slumber. The owl gazes around the room once more. It was dark apart from the light shining through the open window he entered from. Besides from the bed and desk there was little else filling the room. On the wall hangs a sleek broomstick and a small wardrobe sits in the corner, next to an open door that leads to a living area. The wardrobe seems as empty as the room itself, only housing a few clothes. Under the desk stands a chair with an average sized brown backpack leaning against it. Another door is next to the desk, most likely leading to a bathroom. 

The flapping of wings echoes again in the room. Only this time it wasn't from the owl already in the room. Another owl arrives by the window. It doesn't pauze on the opening, deciding to fly straight inside the apartment and taking a seat on the broom mounted to the wall. It was only seconds later that he noticed that he wasn't the only owl in the room. 

"Hoo hooo hooo!"

"Hoo hoooo!"

The owls begin hooting at each other. The brown owl sitting on the broom was hooting the loudest, most likely not happy about another owl sitting on his owners desk. Wings flapping to scare, the brown owl wanted the unknown black owl to leave. The black owl started flapping back, he needed to be here and he was not leaving.

"Hoo hooo hooo!"

"Hoo hoooo!"

"Hoo hooo hooo!"

"...shut up.."

The owls stop. The female laying in the bed groaned the words. It's quiet for a few seconds before the brown owl hoots again. 

"Hoo hooo hooo!"

"Shut up!"

This time the female did wake up, sitting straight against the headboard while brushing her long brown hair away from her face. A yawn left her lips, the woman rubbed her eyes. She had a rough night yesterday. At least she finished all the reports for work... work? Work! Turning her head so fast it hurt, she searches for something between the sheets. She finds it quickly, turning the 14 inch wood in her hand. The female raises the wand while muttering "Tempus" making numbers appear in the air.

8:16 AM

"BLOODY HELL!"

The female rushes out of her gray bed sheets. The troubling owls forgotten, she opens the door to the bathroom before closing it with a slam. The owls jump, not expecting the sound, even though the brown owl was used to this behaviour from its owner. The shower gets turned on but not for long, only 5 minutes later the door opens again. The female rushing out while wearing a towel around her waist and hair, a toothbrush in her mouth. Opening the closet she takes the first things she sees (not that she had many options) and throws it on the bed. The towel around her hair falls to the ground. The girl waves her wand around her hair, drying it instantly. Another wave with the wand and her clothes are on her body. She spits her toothpaste in a cup on her nightstand and finishes off by grabbing her worned out black boots and putting them on her feet.