XIV

As the team stands together, aliens continue flowing out of the portal. It wasn't long before the heroes could see another large figure appear. Followed by another. Amelia gasps as she gazes upon the enormous beasts entering the city. Natasha sees it too and calls the attention of the rest, disbelieve on her face.

"Guys."

"Oh, there are more, that's just lovely." Amelia huffs with a frightened laugh.

"Call it captain." Tony's robotic voice adds.

Steve collects himself and stands tall as he calls the shots, "All right, listen up. Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Barton, I want you on that roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Stark, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than 3 blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash." He looks at Lia who was standing next to Stark, "Amelia, you can- well I don't know what you can do actually."

The witch thinks for a second, "I'll join Stark in the air and I'll see where I'm needed."

Tony laughs and adds a sarcastic comment, "How are you gonna do that? Fly on your magic broom?"

Amelia only winks at him before grabbing her miniature broom out of her pocket and enlarging it. She holds it in front of her before gracefully sliding on. The broom felt familiar between her legs as she kicks herself of the floor.

"You coming Stark?" The iron suit stares in her direction and Amelia would really want to see his face underneath the mask because she was quite sure he was speechless.

He shakes his head, the words, "She really did have a broom" muttered in disbelieve, before facing Clint.

"Can you give me a lift?" the archer asks.

"Right. Better clench up, Legolas."

The duo shoots up into the sky and Amelia gives the others a smile before following suit. The feeling of the wind brushing past her head was something Lia never got used to. It was mandatory to reach a certain level of skill of flying when training to become an auror. She enjoys flying and the freedom that it gives her but she preferred fighting on the ground. But she knew that this way she could get from one place to another faster, because apparating around all the time was taking a lot of energy out of her.

In the distance she could see Thor flying up to a tall building. He raises his hammer and the sky darkens as lighting collects around the god. With a powerful movement the god thrusts his hammer in the direction of the portal causing the lightning to fry all the aliens trying to come out. She even saw a giant beast turn back because of the force.

As she fires spells, Amelia watches as the hulk jumps from one building to another, smashing everything in its path. It was aggressive and reckless as it jumps straight into a flood of chitauri in the air, not worried about his own life as it knows it won't be the one to perish.

The witch flies down the streets with her wand, firing spells non stop. Lia passes the building the archer was on and sees his precise shots. It was unbelievable how well this man could time his arrows, but Amelia knew that those arrows would run out. She sours onto the roof and jumps of her broom, collecting it in her hands as she runs towards the archer.

"Hey birdman!"

Clint focuses his attention on her but he still fires the arrow that was resting in his bow. Even without looking the arrow hits bullseye.

"Amelia."

"I can give you more arrows, if you can give me some time." Clint eyes surprised, like he didn't expect her to think about his ammunition running out.