VI

After briefly introducing herself to Natasha, Amelia now sits in front of Loki. The man has been quiet since his capture. Is it his pride being broken? Amelia doubts it. After having read as much about the god as she did, she knew that he wasn't one to give up so easily. Besides, why would a god come to earth just to visit a benefit at a museum? And why would he want the eye of that dokter? She was hoping that Fury would have an answer when they got back to the main ship.

Amelia leans forward in her seat, elbows on her knees and fingertips touching as she inspects the god. She couldn't believe that he was an actual god. Amelia didn't know what to make of the stories about him now that she has seen him in real life. How much of the tales are true? 

She would almost think the stories to be exaggerated, if it wasn't for the immens amount of magic filling the jet telling her otherwise. It wasn't essentially dark magic, as she first had suspected. No, Loki's magic was something else entirely, something else then the magic she knows. It was heavy and powerful, hanging heavy in the air and almost suffocating her if she focused on it. 

She takes a deep breath, catching his attention. He had been staring blankly straight in front of him before but now his eyes were curious and intens. No longer wanting to be in his line of vision, Amelia stands and moves more to the her left, closer to the rest of the group. She could hear Natasha talking to Fury, sitting in the front seat of the plane with headphones on her head. 

Steve and Stark stand next to each other, briefly gazing at her as she joins them. Both of them are still in their suits and Amelia felt awfully naked without her battle gear. Steve quietly starts speaking to the two of them.

"I don't like it."

"What, Rock of ages giving up so easily?"

"I don't remember it being this easy."

Amelia stares at Loki, who had resumed staring forward, for a moment before saying, "It doesn't make any sense. I think he's playing us."

She glares at him, not trusting this man. Only getting more frustrated as she sees his mouth twitch at her words. She focuses back on the group, realizing that she missed a part of the conversation.

"-You might have missed a couple of things" Stark was saying nonchalantly, "You know doing time as a capsicle."

Amelia snorts, but quickly hides her grin at seeing Steve's unimpressed look.

Steve turns his focus back to Stark, "Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in."

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you."

Suddenly thunder and lightning appear in the sky. Amelia jumps. She wasn't a fan of flying, hating it even more while being in a muggle invention. The lightning scaring the witch into holding the side of the jet in slight fear.

"Where's this coming from?" Natasha asks.

The plane shakes making Amelia's breath hitch in her throat. She switches her grip from the plane towards Tony's arm. The man feels a small electrical shock running through his body but ignores it and smirks down at the woman clutching his arm.

"Oh don't flatter yourself Stark. I'm only holding onto you so that you can fly me to safety if the plane crashes." Amelia explains to the overconfident man.

"Well, with that attitude, I'll just let you fall."

Amelia glares at the man, only to grip his metal arm tighter as another wave of turbulence hits the jet. She had felt her magic react to his suit but her fear of dying in the plane was keeping her from letting go. It was weird. Technology had never reacted to her magic like this before. It was so sensitive to it that even just a witches touch was affecting it. But then again she didn't need to be an expert in technology to know that the Iron Man suit was evolutionary for the technology department, with SHIELD following not far behind. She really needed to be careful.