X

The first thing she noticed was the brightness reaching her eyes. Followed by the ringing in her ears. Her arms feel like lead, her whole body heavy. Pain engulfs her from everywhere. She opens her mouth in agony but nothing but a cough comes out. She felt weak, confused and scared. What had happened to her?

"-elia! Amelia?! Can you hear me?"

Slowly the ringing fades away, a booming voice taking its place. Amelia didn't know if she liked that better. The voice was urgent and too loud to ignore. She just wanted to sleep but the owner of the voice wasn't giving up.

She groans and forces her eyes open, if only to tell the person yelling at her to stop. Blinking rapidly, she tries to get used to the bright light around her. Then it was darker, her view of the sun being blocked by a huge figure of pure muscle leaning over her.

Thor.

Suddenly she remembers. The team. Loki. Phil. The fall. The witch didn't know if she even wanted to keep her eyes open.

"No, no, none of that Amelia. You were doing good. Keep your eyes open for me, okay?"

The witch was blinded with pain. A panicked sob leaves her mouth followed by a laughed out scoff.

"Hey bodybuilder, we've gotta stop meeting like this." Her words came out of her mouth quieter then she liked, but it caused a smile to appear on Thor's slowly becoming more visible figure.

"I have to agree. How are you feeling?"

"Like I just fell 30.000 feet downwards inside a steel death trap."

Thor lets out a laugh, "Well, as you should, with the current situation."

That urges a laugh out of Amelia's mouth, one that gets quickly cut of by a cough. She feels her stomach contracting, causing a sharp pain to shake her body. A broken rib most likely, she decides. But she couldn't think clearly with the pounding of her head. She hisses in pain and tries to focus on finding a solution. But the small drops of blood on Thor's cheek distract her. That hadn't been there before her cough. Blood was filling her mouth and she could only hope that it was from biting her tongue and not from internal bleeding. She was losing a lot of blood, she realizes as she moves her arms and feels the tackiness of blood sticking to them. She could only imagine how she looked in Thor's eyes, hurt and broken. Laying in a pool of her own blood. She felt weak and knew that her body was shutting down.

"Thor, listen to me very carefully, okay?"

"Of course, tell me anything."

"Do I still have my purse?"

Thor shakes his head in disbelief, dumbfounded by the witch, "Your- your purse? I'm sorry but I think that there are more important things than an accessory. I need to take you to a hospital-"

"No Thor, you don't understand-" a cough breaks of her sentence, "I need that purse, trust me. Please."

"I- no you don't have your purse, you must have dropped it when you fe-"

"Find it. Please. I'll die otherwise." She had trouble getting the words out of her mouth, her breath shallow and her mind almost too heavy to form sentences.

"Miss Martin, I-"

"Please, just trust me on this." 

And Thor does trust her and so does as she requested. She feels warmth reach her skin as Thor leaves her side to search. She feels faint and weak but determined to survive. She briefly remembers the memory of the morning before her start at her fourth year at Hogwarts. One of the last memories with her dad still by her side. The witch didn't know why it was that memory that appeared in her mind, but what she did know was that if she could survive all that shit in her teenage years, than she could survive this as well. It was strange to think about, how a memory so sad could bring her hope today.