Ten.

January 8th, 2016.

BLAIR'S POV
Last night was the most fun I've had in a long time. Niall was actually nice to be around for once, which is shocking. I feel like he has the potential to be someone I'm close to in my life.

I still can't trust him though.

Even though he opened up a little last night, I barely know anything about him. Plus, I don't trust people just because I want to, I trust them when they prove that they can be trusted.

NIALL'S POV
"You got it?" I ask my dealer.

"Yeah," he says as he hands me the sack full of drugs. I walk inside and stash them in my office before the boys come to collect and distribute them.

Glad I don't have to do any of the messy work.

For me, it's always been about the hustle—the money, the girls, the lifestyle. I didn't have much growing up, so I always wanted to do better. I got in with a rough crowd at a young age, so sure, they got me into a lot of bad stuff, but they taught me how to work my ass off.

I guess I'm thankful for that.

I live a fairly comfortable life and I love my life more than my lifestyle, so I guess I'm proud of myself.

"Louis, wake the fuck up!" I yell as I see his body still slumped on the sofa.

"What time is it?" he groans.

"3 PM. Now wake up before I fire your ass," I assert.

"Fine," he says as he rolls over and falls to the ground.

"Fuck-" he cries out. "I'm so high I forgot I wasn't in a bed."

"Wish I could say I'm surprised," my smart-ass tone adds. He laughs and makes his way outside with the stash of drugs to deal with.

The boys are well-off because of what they do, even though it's dangerous. I guess it's the risk you have to take if you want to have money and have little-to-no education. I mean, they're all street-smart, if that counts.

I personally think it does.

My phone goes off and I see that I have a text from Blair. "What are you doing tonight?"

"I'll be at work," I dryly reply. I haven't talked to her in-depth since that night I took her out, mainly because I'm scared of what comes next. As much as I hate to admit it, she's fucking incredible. She's a bit reckless and wild like me, but she's also guarded. She knows what she wants in life and she won't stop or let anyone stop her until she gets it. She's rude, aggressive, and cocky, but she's kind, soft, and humble at the same time. She reminds me of myself, and I think that's what scares me the most.

I fucking love myself, and I don't want to fall in love with her.

That shouldn't be much of a problem, though, because I'm incapable of feeling anything for anyone. Perks of being a heartless, arrogant, son of a bitch.

"Sounds boring, good thing I'm coming. See you later, asshole." God, I can literally hear her brattiness through the screen. I shake my head, knowing I can't do anything to stop her.