Thirty Nine.

May 16th, 2016.

BLAIR'S POV
"Happy birthday bitch!" I jump on Delaney's bed, immediately waking her up. "Blair's it's 6:35 in the morning, why are you waking me up?" she snaps her eyes open at me. I pull her up as we sit face to face. "Because you were born exactly 20 years ago," I point at the time again. She nods her head and lets a little "oh" out then chuckles. "Now can I go back to bed?" she asks as if she'd listen anyway. "You're not fun," I groan as I walk back to my room.

I wake up again at 9, this time to actually start my day. Harry and Delaney have plans for most of the day, but I managed to steal 2 hours to take her shopping—of course, I got the morning hours. "Get up, it's time to go," I knock on her door as she groans. "It's my birthday I should get to sleep in if I want to," she says as I hear a thud. "Ow." I open the door to see her laying on the floor. She shoots up and makes her way to the bathroom. "Karma, I know," she tiredly giggles.

Thankfully, we both manage to get ready in a decent amount of time. "Right on schedule," I nod my head as I start the car. Water Tower Place mall is only a short drive away. As we enter into the huge facility, she immediately rushes up and goes window to window. "I promised myself I wouldn't put you in debt," she chuckles as she walks through the Gucci store. Her eyes scan the glimmering jewelry as I watch her debate in her mind on what to get. 20 minutes pass by and her decision is made, which is a new record due to her indecisiveness. "This ring, please," she lets the person at the register know. "Hey B, you're a size 6, right?" she smiles at me. "D, this is for you, stop trying to pick stuff out for me." She raises an eyebrow at me as she silently communicates her idea with me. "And you're a size 6.25, right?"

We walk out of the store and look down at our hands to see our matching rings. "We never did promise rings or any of that stuff, but I just knew that these were too perfect. Anyways, we can go home now," she says. "You don't want to shop anymore? It's your birthday, you still have so much more to pick out," I try to understand why she wants to leave so early. She shakes her head and smiles at me. "I don't need anything else. I have everything I need right here," she hugs me. "You're my person forever, B." I stop and look at everything around me and appreciate the fact that though everything constantly changes, we never do. "You're my person forever, D."

"I'm in a getaway car, I left you in the motel bar," Delaney screams as she recklessly swerves the car. "Delaney!" I scream in fear until I realize there's nobody around. "You bitch!" I jokingly hit her shoulder. "At this rate, I don't think we'll make it to see Taylor live, let alone to 21," I shake my head. "I was riding in a getaway, I was crying in a getaway car," she belts out. "I was dying in a getaway car," I add and giggle at the irony of us almost dying a few seconds ago. "Said goodbye in a getaway car."

We arrive home after stopping for a quick snack. Out of the blue, she poses a question. "So when are you going to say yes to Niall? The man is ready, clearly," she points to the ring hanging around my neck. "Better be soon, that thing isn't safe there, it needs to be on your finger," she tries to convince me to say yes. I nod my head because I understand that she wants this almost as much as I do. "I'm ready but it's better this way. I just turned 20 and I need to plan our wedding—we need to plan the wedding. You know I can't plan it by myself, and no offense to Niall, but I do not trust him with wedding stuff. Our visions are very...different," we both chuckle. "You and I are way too busy to worry about a wedding right now. Plus, I'm focusing on my career right now, and I know you understand that." She tilts her head from side to side before rambling some more. "I know, B. I respect your decision to wait a while, it's very wise. I'm just so envious of how well you carry yourself—I mean, you always are so sensible and you always thoroughly think things out. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm trying to push you, I'm just so damn happy and excited for you, future Mrs. Horan!" she hugs me, catching me by surprise.