Thirty Seven.

May 1st, 2016.

BLAIR'S POV
Today's the day—audition day. I have no idea how all four of the shows I want to walk in have auditions on the same day, but I'm not complaining. I woke up feeling refreshed and confident which is always a good sign. I'm currently sitting in my car, contemplating my life. If I don't get booked for any shows I'll probably want to end it all, but I know that life goes on. Besides, there's always next year.

But for me, that's not an option.

I'm not going to wait until next year. This will happen. I take a few deep breaths and silently pray before exiting my vehicle. "We've got it, B," Delaney hugs me as we walk in together. Before we get split up, I whisper quietly to her. "No matter what I love you forever and I'm so proud of us both." She gives me an assuring head nod and smiles before mouthing "I love you" back.

After what feels like hours of waiting among gorgeous, insanely talented models, they call for me. "Number 54, they're ready for you," an older lady calls out. I take a deep breath and silently talk to myself. Instead of taking a moment to prepare myself in the hallway, I instantly walk in. With a confident smile and walk, I wave to everyone. "Hello," I say in a friendly tone. "Hello," Marc Jacobs responds as everything hits me.

Marc fucking Jacobs is standing right in front of me—is this real?

"Why do you want to walk in the Marc Jacobs show this year at fashion week?" he gets right to the questioning part as two others grab their clipboards, ready to jot stuff down. "My answer is simple—admire the brand and what it stands for," I smile at everyone, praying I don't mess up. "And why should we cast you over someone else?" he raises an eyebrow at me, almost as if he's trying to intimidate me. Instead of getting in my head, I take a deep breath and prepare my answer. "I want to show clients that they can feel confident and cool when they buy and then wear these items. I know that whenever I'm online shopping, the way the model looks in the photo completely influences my decision. If they look uncomfortable, meek, or unhappy, I instantly stray away. I believe that I would not only do the collection, but also the brand, justice." I let out a silent breath of relief and continue to smile. Everyone nods their head and jots down things on their clipboards. Marc opens his mouth and smiles at me. "Would you please show us your walk?"

I walk to the back of the room and confidently strut. My heels lightly click on the wooden floor as I continue to pull up and elongate my neck. My shoulders stay pushed back, creating a beautiful line of straight posture. I keep my chin up and make eye contact with Marc Jacobs to show that I don't get nervous easily.

Confidence is key.

"That's all," Marc says as I nod my head. "Thank you all so much for your time," I look specifically in his direction before making my way out. I find Delaney and run up to her as I wait for her to go in and audition. Time passes by quite fast and before I can get bored of waiting Delaney comes out. We hug and chat about all of the details of our audition before parting ways for the day to finish up our other auditions.

The other ones were nothing compared to the Marc Jacobs one—I wasn't nervous at all which is always a relief. I stop for coffee on the way home and pick up an ice cream cake for Delaney and I to decorate later. I figured since this is a milestone for both of us, we should celebrate. Plus, I'll take any excuse to have ice cream cake.

"How did they go?" I rush up to her as soon as she steps into our apartment. "Amazing. I genuinely feel good about everything," her smile radiates and contagiously spreads to my face. "I'm so happy to hear that D!" I hug her. "I'm nervous to hear the results but I also couldn't be more excited." She nods her head in agreement before her eyes land on the cake. "You always understand the assignment!"