Twelve.

January 10th, 2016

BLAIR'S POV
"We need to talk."

Of course, Niall would be the one to text me something like this right before I go to bed. I shake my head and type, "I'm going to bed, what do you want?" I'm exhausted and now I'm just flat-out pissed. I just want to go to bed.

"It's important, Blair. You know I wouldn't text you if it wasn't. I'll be at your place in 5." I'm annoyed at the thought of him not being able to simply ask if he can stop by, but I should be used to it already. It's not like he really ever gives me much of a choice.

I hear his signature knock on my door before I sit up to go open it. "Hello?" I ask as I see him standing in the doorway, soaked. He's wearing a black Nike hoodie with matching sweatpants.

"Hi," he barges in and sits on a wooden chair at the dining table. "So who the hell did you tell about my...part-time job?" His tone is threatening and he sounds like wants to kill me.

"You can think what you want, but it wasn't me," I answer truthfully. "You know I don't give a shit." I roll my eyes in sleep deprivation, wishing I were snuggled up in between my soft, silky sheets.

"Well I didn't tell anyone else recently, so yeah, you did," he strongly continues to accuse me. "Okay, who the hell found out then? Who found out about your little posse of dealers?" I boldly begin to interrogate before he aggressively cups his hand over my mouth.

"Shut the fuck up. Your little roommate doesn't know, or at least she didn't until now," he reveals to my surprise.

"I didn't tell her."

"You just might've with that loud ass mouth of yours," he reminds me. I let out a careless "whatever," hoping he'll get too fed up with my attitude and just leave.

"Today, I got a call from one of my 'employees' saying that there's word out on the street about suspicious activity at my club. Isn't that such a coincidence? You know, that I just told you and now everyone's talking about it? Because, to me, I don't think that's a damn coincidence." He whispers in a harsh tone, making sure Delaney can't hear us.

"Well, it fucking wasn't me, okay?" I raise my voice a little above a whisper. "You can leave now." I point my head in the direction of the door. He stands there with his arms crossed, bouncing his right foot up and down.

"Fine," he stomps out of the room without apologizing or looking back. I get that he's upset but he had no right to accuse me like that in my house, especially not at 1 AM.

He's unbelievable.

I shake my head and make my way into my room before softly shutting the door. Once again, I sink back into my bed as my mind instantly melts like putty.

I wake up to the smell of bacon and eggs and I peer out into the kitchen and see Delaney setting the table. "I made us breakfast," she says with a wide smile. "You're the best," I say as I toss my arms around her. "Someone's in a good mood," she says as if I haven't noticed. I pull out my phone and show her the receipts of my happiness.

"Oh my gosh?" she shouts. "You have multiple modeling agencies dying to have you sign to them! Not to mention all of the brands wanting you to promote their products-" she goes silent as I show her the other email with even better news.

"So did you," my voice radiates pure excitement. We squeal and jump up and down before pulling each other in. "We get to do it together, B," my heart glows. Our dreams are starting to come true. Various companies have already mailed the papers over to us to sign on—all of them being 12-month contracts that tell us how many times we have to post on Instagram a month promoting their products, and what types of posts. As for the modeling agencies, I'm not sure which one I'm going to sign to considering there are more strings attached.