Epilogue

[Present Day]

Three Hours Later @ Jayson's Loft (The Mortal Realm):

Nathaniel was seated on a yellow beach chair. He stared out at the dark sky, which only got brighter as the sun was slowly rising.

It had been a long time since he sat down and looked up at the sky. He was so used to living life in the fast lane with being a Knight that he had neglected the small things in life. That was, of course, until he met Jayson, who helped him see that there was more to life than being a Witch, a Prince or a Knight.

The Knight felt the stiff wind brush up against his bare hairy chest and his bare legs, as he only had on a pair of boxers. He slowly closed his eyes and sighed in relief when he heard footsteps inside the office.

"There you are," Jayson replied as he stood in the doorway and rubbed his eyes, "I woke up and saw you weren't in bed. I thought maybe you went back to Sandston."

Nathaniel opened his eyes and looked up at Jayson with a smile, "nope, I don't have to go back there anytime soon."

Jayson only had on a pair of red pajama pants and a black t-shirt as he stepped out onto the balcony. Nathaniel grabbed his right wrist and pulled him, so he was seated on the Knight's bare lap. "How are you feeling?"

Jayson thought about the question, "well, considering the events of today, I think you will have to be more specific."

Nathaniel smiled and kissed his shoulder, "alright, let's start with the case involving Rowan."

"Ah, well, I'm feeling a bit relieved everyone was safe, and no one was killed. With that psycho I wasn't sure how it would've played out, but I feel bad that I had to erase the memories of Jimmy, Ariel, Lilly, Decker and Tremaine."

"Well, it was for the best," Nathaniel replied caressing Jayson's right leg, "the last thing we needed was any of them holding a grudge or blaming themselves for what happened."

"Exactly, thankfully Haneltha came through with the spell."

The Knight nodded his head, "yeah about that, what did the spell do exactly? It didn't kill Rowan after you cast it."

"The spell was to bind the Dark Magic in the crystal and link it with Rowan's life force. Once that was said, all I had to do was destroy the rock which destroyed Rowan, and finally killed him."

Jayson didn't go into details with Nathaniel about Mother Goose being the one to curse the Jester into the rock, and the fact she could still be alive, because he didn't want to overwhelm the Knight and frankly, he also didn't feel it was any of Nathaniel's business.

"But," Jayson exclaimed, "I managed to cast a little confidence spell on the students, all they needed was some self-esteem instead of a crazy Jester granting them their deepest desires."

Nathaniel pulled Jayson closer on his lap and asked, "now, how are you feeling about me?"

"Ugh! So, conceited," Jayson playfully teased him. "Honestly? I wasn't too thrilled to see you. I mean, you never bothered reaching out to me after all these years and-."

"Well, I couldn't because you had a Cloaking Charm on you."

"Oh... that's right," Jayson blushed, and smiled, "either way, I was still mad about the whole situation, but then I saw Rowan almost kill you and I lost any animosity I had towards you. Which is weird because you're Immortal and he wouldn't have killed you, but still."

Nathaniel never wanted to have Jayson assume he was going to lose him; he just didn't want Rowan to harm the Witch. "I'm sorry for everything, Red."