Chapter 3: 4 years

3rd person's pov:

It has been 4 years. 4 years since All Might left Izuku in the streets crying. Izuku is currently living with Haruki, whom is the step brother of the Dragon.  These past 4 years for Izuku is hell, well even hell can't describe his life. Sure he lives in a big mansion, eats delicious food, sleeps in a comfy bed, but every morning, he is ordered to clean every inch of the place, including the pool. Every after lunch, he recieves multiple beatings from his uncle and before going to sleep he follows Haruki to the "reflection room". The room is dark with the only source of light is a little lamp beside a body mirror. And every night, Haruki tells Izuku to face the mirror and whispers phrases to him such as "you're worthless" "everyone has already abandoned you because you're quirkless" "A nobody" "You don't deserve to live""You should just die".

Thus, Izuku would cry himself to sleep and long for the hug of his now diseased mother. He had been through so much that even his dream of becoming a hero and his promise to his mother has been long forgotten. After moving to another city, going to another school and being quirkless, Izuku couldn't find any friends. No one cared for him. No one would even dare look at him except his uncle who clearly wish for Izuku to die.

Izuku doesn't know this, but growing up, Haruki was also abandoned and was adopted by the Midoriya family. Others would give deadly glares to Haruki because the Midoriya family is a family of strong heroes, but Haruki was just a nobody. Yet he got the privilige of having Midoriya in his name. So when he learned the existence of Izuku, who is a Midoriya but has no quirk, he felt disgusted. 'This boy doesn't deserve to be a Midoriya' is what he thought and started to torture the 4 year old boy in different ways you can imagine.

And now present time, the sun had begun to set. Yet, an 8 year old boy is sitting in a playground all alone. It was his birthday but the thoughts lingering in the little boy's head was 'should i just ran away?' 'No, no, Haruki would get mad. Furious even.' 'I really miss mom' 'I want to visit her grave.'

Faint footsteps were heard and the swing beside where Izuku is sitting was then occupied. The boy then said "Hi."

It was only a two letter word. Yet that one word filled warmth in Izuku's heart. Izuku doesn't understand why his heart felt so warm with only a word from a stranger. Could he be his soulmate? He wondered.

A/N:

Sorry for the very late update but school has been very busy the past month and so I couldn't continue writing.

Now... who do you think is the boy who showed up? Is it really Izuku's soulmate? Hmm?? Comment what you think 😊