Chapter 11 - A seeker, at last

____________________________________________________________________________

"You'd make a fair beater

"You'd make a fair beater."

____________________________________________________________________________

Betelgeuse made her way back to the castle after Care of Magical Creature class with the twins and Lee when she came face to face with her estranged cousin. He was walking down the principal corridor between two low-intelligent-looking fellow first-years. The Malfoy made eye contact with the older girl, without giving the impression of recognising her. And with a sneer, he marched past her.

How peculiar.

Betelgeuse did not stop Draco; she wanted to confront him in a more private setting. Her friends did not seem to notice her musing, and they all made their way to their Common Room to pass the break before the next class.

"I will see you three at lunch. I need to get to the seventh floor for my Arithmancy class," Betelgeuse announced to the twins and Lee as she collected her books for the class.

"Ah, Bel! How will we pass an entire hour without our Fair Lady Black?" George cheekily asked.

"My brother is right, oh comely Countess Black!" Fred joined gallantly kneeling before the girl.

"Are they finally gone mad?" Lee asked, eyeing Betelgeuse.

"I would wish to enlighten you, russet paladins of mine, that I am the less fair in this group of misfits. I possess black strands, and my last name is Black. You ought to refer to me as Dark Lady Black or Arcane Lady Black, as you fancy. Furthermore, may I suggest that although my Noble Family has a high heritage, there has never been any mention of a noble title? Still, you may address me as Countess Betelgeuse Altair Black. It suites me faultlessly, I reckon. Au revoir, peasants," she finished ceremonially before exiting the portrait hole.

Fred, George and Lee remained in stunned silence for a few moments.

"She has a level of sass that we only can dream about." George declared.

"Brilliant! I may be in love," Fred added dreamily.

"She is bloody mad, as you are!" Lee yelled.

Another moment of silence followed.

"Wait a second," George interjected, smirking.

"Shut it, Georgie!" Fred interrupted his twin.

"I may be in love," Lee mockingly purred. He was followed shortly by a grinning George.